Drone

WildWing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need some advise. I purchased the Mopar true-dual catback from Roe Racing with the heat wrap. Overall the system is great but with the windows up there is some drone. Any ideas on what I can do? Would headers help?

Thanks,

Brian

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A simple fix is to install Vortex cones. They mute the drone, but probably cost you a couple HP.
Jon B at Parts Rack carries them.
I put them in my Corsa track and now find the exhaust to be much more liveable.

OP
OP
W

WildWing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I wonder how much HP it will cost me?
Do you feel a SOP difference?

Regards,

Brian

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt notice any HP loss using the Vortex cones on my GTS. They did reduce the drone drastically. Best 80 bucks ever spent.

tmcphail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do they drop in or is this something that needs to be welded ? I have the ROE cat back and that 1500 drone is there for sure

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To my ears, a lot of drone comes through the panel behind the seats ... I'm wondering how hard it is to remove that panel and put on some of the stick-on sound barrier stuff? ...

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Already a bunch there on mine. I think it is just th eflat panel helping to project the low frequencies. With mine it is clear the exhaust is the source of the drone, which is worse top up and windows open. Certain engine speeds are not very kosher to the ears.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
V-10 + exhaust mods = drone.

No real solution. Lower gears help some at freeway speeds.

I have found that the full B & B system with stepped headers, mufflers and crossovers doesn't drone nearly as much as any other system, and I've tried a bunch on my SRT-10.

Now working on the drone in my GTS. Cones in, lower volume but still droning. Cats going back in shortly. Then more mufflers if necessary.

Good luck,

Dan