Dyno Advice

RSNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will be attending an Illinois VCA Dyno Day next Saturday and I was hoping to get some advice on how to dyno. It seems to me that there is a large variation in what I see folks post for STOCK dyno numbers. For a stock GEN II car I have seen numbers ranging from about 383 RWHP to about 422 RWHP with a lot seeming to center around 408 RWHP. I highly doubt that there is that large of a variation from the factory in the engines, it must be a combination a lot of variances. In any case:

1) How do I get the most accurate corrected HP number?
2) How do I get the highest corrected HP number?

All advice is appreciated.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's possible that a 99R/T can dyno @ 383rw and 408rw on seperate dyno's across the nation.Other variables include,air conditions,gas quality,spark plug quality,ect.Different dynojets can vary 2%easy.Some guys boast bone stock, yet remove their filters.Most important,you'll be able to compare your snake with others running that day,same conditions and get a rwhp starting point, before you catch the MODMANIA disease.Fill er up 1/2 tank or better 93.See ya Sat.
Scott

marteeni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where and when is this event going to be held? Is it only open to VCA members or can I bring my ZR1 down for a dyno run? What's the cost?

S

SUN RA KAT

Run it hard a few times before you go to get the carbon out then let it cool down before you go. Also pump up your rear tires to 35 psi so the sidewalls won't flex on the dyno.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The KAT's correct,run the tach a few times that morning up to 6200,that's where they'll shut the dyno off.The computer will check,learn and add/subract needed fuel through peak HP.Tires at 35 to 50psi,they've got air.Could be quite a wake up call at 8am if you do it in 5th.
Marteeni,it'll be a full day Snake-a-thon,we do have some WI snakes coming,if it rains the dyno all yours buddy. :D