Dyno Day

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well just got back from the dyno today and a short trip to the track, My Heffner Supercharged Snake was pretty respectable,570 rwhp and 580 rwtq on Heffners new dyno.That is was with the factory exhaust maninfolds, converters and exhaust no other mods but my 6 psi vortech supercharger and ammoco 93 octane pump gas.
Took a short trip to the track,haven't been since englishtown, after a couple of passes in my aluminum 65 shelby 427s/c which were pretty good 10.67 and a 10.71 at 128mph on bf goodrich ta radials.I thought I would try to beat those runs in my viper, after a couple 11.00's on my 19" pzero's I was able to break into the 10's with an 10.85 at 131 but could not beat the cobra so after bolting on a pair of drag radials and a couple of runs in the high 10.7's I was able to break off a 10.51 at 133 finally besting the cobra.Not bad For Heffner's Level 1, but I thinking Level 2 and some 9 second time slips.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice numbers on the dyno, Jamie! It's also good to see you can back those dyno numbers with some impressive track runs-all in the same day.

Where did you make the runs?

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice times with street tires, do you have a dyno sheet you can post? So that's about 170rwhp more than stock, impressive.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie, funny how you started a new "DYNO DAY" topic after you made personal attacks on one of DLM's customers under "Dyno #'s for my DLM Stage 1 Viper results."
Your new DYNO DAY topic started moments after you started a personal vendetta against Scott. Look at the time of the posts.

Son you got a problem
Max

OP
OP
J

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets get something straight Max, this is an open board for members isn't it? Or is it the Doug Levin House of worship site?
I don't know Doug personally or am I attacking him, I think he makes a dynamite looking blower, and it looks very well engineered.Yes I did post after reading that post, because I thought if you come on this board every now and then like I do, not regularly, when it comes to viper upgrades it looks like an infomercial for DLMS with all this buttkissin and praise and how everyone just can't wait to get theirs done and how awsmome their car is and on and on and on.If this was my first time on the board with my first viper I would have already booked one with Levin myself.But this is not my first time and there are other tuners out there, and I thought I ought to post some of my numbers from Heffner with his base kit and let some people trying to decide which way to go there is more than one choice and I have had a trouble free 10 sec car now for 2 years that runs on pump gas with cat converters that was modified quickly at a very reasonable price.I am not the only one who feels this way, and I am sure there are more people out there that would have liked to post this but don't have the balls.This is the third post of (How Great Is Thou) I have read recently and they are starting to make me ill. My only question is how long before it ends up like Gerald and Scott? FOR SALE.Max I am not the one with a problem I am the one with an opinion, you are the one with a problem and next time I will make sure to check with YOU before posting anything about my viper.See Max if I would have said Dyno Day just got back from Levins that would of been alright with you, RIGHT. I didn't say anything negative about your car or you, in fact all I did was talk about my car like you talked about yours. The only reason I can think you posted this response is I didn't praise your leader and for that I would normally apoligize but I am not a religious man in that sense so you will have to excuse me.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

Heffner's work is top notch. I've had work done by another well-known tuner and was burned pretty bad. I just don't choose to advertise that here in this forum.

Because of that experience I checked out Jason Heffner before I had him do any work. I can tell you he's one of the most knowledgeable tuners out there and his work ethic and customer service is excellent. I've only run into one person that said anything negative about his work so I checked his story out (his story was not based on any firsthand experience) and it turns out he has fabricated this misinformation. I don't know what axe he has to grind.

Anyway, I did a little search here to see what others had to say about Jason Heffner and these links should give you an idea.

http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum14/HTML/004210.html
http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000115.html
http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum14/HTML/003987.html http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum14/HTML/004705.html

This is just a smattering of people who have posted here that have had good experiences with Heffner's Performance. I've talked to many others who don't post here.

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc