Dyno Tuning

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering what kind of price I should expect to pay a tuner such as Heffner, DLM, or Macedo motorsports to dyno tune my car. Is it something the common man can afford? I am just looking for ballpark figures or hourly rates. Any help is appreciated.

OP
OP
H

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heads, cam, and all the additional goodies. I just completed it and I'm having trouble getting it tuned. I'm looking to maybe take it to one of the reputable tuners for help. Does anyone know of anyone that is good at tuning that would be near Charleston, WV? Heffner is about 8 hours away and I may haul it up there, but I'd like to find someone closer if possible.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think Heffner is your closest best bet. If you have a DynoJet near you, you may be able to run it there, email the results to Sean, and have him adjust a program for you. Just a thought. There is a dyno up here but it would still be a decent drive for you.

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
If Cleveland is not too far there is a dynojet tuner who has done many vipers. We might get a few vipers together if you come up

OP
OP
H

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's probably gonna be more like a haul. It's not in any condition to drive there. Anyone got any ideas on a trailer? I have an F350 to tow it with, but I'm having a hard time finding a trailer. Is there a wait to get in with Heffner?

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heffner is the nearest expert. He quoted me $500 to tune my GTS with a Roe Blower. Gary A will transport your Viper,lives near Heffner and is a Viper owner. Rick

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's probably gonna be more like a haul. It's not in any condition to drive there. Anyone got any ideas on a trailer? I have an F350 to tow it with, but I'm having a hard time finding a trailer. Is there a wait to get in with Heffner?

GrayA is the man you need to call! :2tu: He'll get you to Heffner safe and sound and return your car tuned to perfection!! :headbang:

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WV, as one man stated earlier, I would first give Jason, Sean or whoever a call and prior to hauling your car out there just find a dyno near you and I since you are tuning with the Vec2 I can almost bet Sean or Jason would be happy to help you via phone after you fax your graphs with a/f.

Do you have a wideband on your car to adjust a/f? Dyno numbers are a great guide, but getting the a/f in line prior to the dyno will make a world of difference.

John

OP
OP
H

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I had scheduled some dyno time last week at a local shop, but they cancelled on me. They are the only dyno locally and are very independent when dealing with customers. In the meantime, I've been driving it some with the diagnostics software hooked to it and trying to make changes based on this. I know this isn't the way to get peak performance, but I was trying to get in the ballpark so once I got to the dyno I wouldn't have to spend hours upon hours tuning. Also, I would just like to get it in a safe area until I can get something done with it so I can drive it some around town. I haven't driven it all summer because I was working on it. I never expected to have this much trouble tuning. It seems like I'm not making much progress. The changes I make don't seem to produce the results that I expect they would. I just figured, I'd take it to someone who has experience with this sort of thing and just be done with it.