E-Brake Lever Broke?

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today pulling my car out of my garage to wash it I naturally turn the car off and put the e-brake on. I have a tendency to use a lot of force when pulling up on the e-brake to always make sure it is firmly engaged. Somehow when I pulled it up hard I heard a snap and it slammed back down again. I was able to put it back up. It works fine now and still engages, but it seems very lose now, like it takes no effort to pull up and when it is down (disengaged). It use to be nice and firm, but now you can move it up or side to side easy when it is in the down position. Is this something I can possibly fix? maybe something came lose or poped? or is it another trip to the dealer?

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pull the cover on the center console. You can get a pretty good look at what's going on down there with the console cover off.

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pull the cover on the center console. You can get a pretty good look at what's going on down there with the console cover off.
I thought about doing that. I may try doing that and see if i can find anything before i take it to the dealer.

Thanks

Viperholic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say, get it to a tech. Something in the actual break itsself might have been damaged, or it could be just a handle thing. You never know, and i could be nothing, but it would **** if it failed the next time you're on a hill...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_