Eastern VA cruise on April 12'th

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our spring cruise is quickly approaching. It's time to take the snake out and stretch her legs a bit for the spring! Here are the details:
EVERYONE IS WELCOME!!
VCA Va/Md Spring cruise
Agenda

Saturday, April 12’th
Cruise in Williamsburg, and Virginia Beach, Va

With a BBQ lunch and Viper “show of force” at Jenro’s,
A Virginia Beach landmark for cruise-in’s
For more info and to
RSVP, contact

Tom McCormick 757-639-4572 (cell),252-435-1681 (home)
[email protected] or dodgefever on the VCA forum
AGENDA SUMMARY
11:00: Meet in the parking lot of Sears and JC Penny at Chesapeake Square Shopping Center. 4200 Portsmouth Blvd, Chesapeake, Va.

OR
12:15: Meet the group at the Yorktown Battlefield Visitors Center at the end of the Colonial Parkway in Yorktown, for a cruise through the scenic Colonial Parkway to Jamestown.
From the North it is I-64 exit 242B and follow to the Colonial Parkway entrance. From the South it is I-64 Exit 250B and follow the signs to Yorktown and the Colonial Parkway.
2:00: Lunch at Pierce’s BBQ in Williamsburg., 447 E Rochambeau Dr, Williamsburg, Va
3:00: Depart for a cruise and Viper “Show of force”, to Jenro’s Saturday Night Fever at Haygood Shopping center, 1085 Independence Blvd, Va Bch, Va.

Here is additional info;

VCA Va/Md Spring cruise
Additional Info

Saturday, April 12’th
Cruise in Williamsburg, and Virginia Beach, Va
Additional Information
Anyone wishing to attend from out of the area will be given hotel information. Virginia Beach has very cheap ocean front rooms at this time of year. Many are less than $70. Most have covered or indoor parking.
I will be glad to provide info and recommendations to anyone who requests.
The total time for the cruise for those not wishing to end the day in Virginia Beach will be about 4 hours, finishing up in Williamsburg at about 3 PM. Add in a 2 to 4 hour run back to the North, and you will easily be home before dark.
Jenro’s Saturday Night Cruise is well worth your time. There are few “ricers” there. Mostly, you will see modern and classic muscle cars. Generally there are between 75 to 150 cars. Here is a link to Jenro’s;
http://search.pbase.com/search?q=jenros&c=sp

Please RSVP to Tom McCormick 757-639-4572(c)
[email protected]
or dodgefever on the VCA forum

OP
OP
D

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
D

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think with hit or miss rain chances, this event is still on. We might get wet, we might not. The only part that will be cancelled in the event of rain is the cruise to tthe Virginia beach car meet. No one shows up there if it rains. I will make that call when we get to the lunch location.

MattInNC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tom,
How did the event go? Any pics? I managed to get the car home Saturday, so it all worked out in the end.

OP
OP
D

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure, go to the VCA Events forum topic and look under Colonial Cruise photos. I think everyone enjoyed themselves. The cruise on the parkway was nice, and the cruise TO the parkway was interesting....14 Vipers nose to tail for over 30 miles on busy Interstate 64. We got a lot of thumbs up from other cruising groups (even the bikers!). Once we got off the highway, It got a little hard to get all the cars through the lights on the same green cycle, but we managed to keep everyone together.
The National Parks police tried to set us up on a radar trap, they hid behind a "your speed is..." sign, but my V1 picked up signal #2, so he wasn't hidden for long. I had the group doing under the posted speed anyway. There isn't much sense in taking a scenic road cruise if the "scenic" part passes by at the speed of sound!!
Maybe next time you can make it. Tom