Electrical system is acting up...I need help????

Kevin Stitely

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been experiencing a weird electrical problem with door latches and the stereo system. I'll be driving down the road and each door latch and the stereo will shut off like someone cut the power (this only happens after the car has been run for a while). Several minutes later the power is restored, doors pop as designed and the stereo resumes play mode. Whatever is going on only affects these two areas. I've checked for pinched wires, broken wires, disconnected wires and found nothing. Has anyone had this problem???? This is driving me nuts! I'll take any and all advise.

BTW, my car is a '99 RT/10.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to check the wiring diagram when I get home, but I'm betting somewhere down the line, they both hook up to a common point near or at the ignition switch. 99's should be very close to 00's.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Checked the wiring diagram. The ELECTRONIC ENTRY MODULE is on the same switched power supply as the radio. At the fuse block, fuse 3 and 4 are connected to the same supply circuit, check for a loose connection there. If nothing odd, that same wire runs straight to the ignition switch, I would have the switch cleaned.

OP
OP
K

Kevin Stitely

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for translating the wiring diagram. As a non-electrical type this will go along way in jump starting the troubleshooting process. I'll continue to post updates.

Thanks.