Email when a new reply

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked around to see if this was already done, so please excuse me if this is already possible.

How hard would it be to enable a sort of subscription method to the thread so that if a user wanted to, he/she could select to receive an email when a topic that they have posted to is replied to (again). It would probably make sense if the email was only sent once for the next X number of replies unless you login again. Just a thought.

This would eliminate the need to check old threads to determine if someone has replied to it since the user last posted.

It might also be able to subscribe to a thread without actually making a post so that you would receive an email when a post was made and therefore, be able to follow it without having to make a generic "subscription" post.

Thanks in advance,
-Don

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This feature is available to VCA members. When you make a post, you'll see a check box below teh text box inthe Options area that say's:

Email Notification: E-mails sent to you whenever someone replies. VCA Member Feature.

Just check the box and you'll be set. If you area VCA member, you'll just need to drop Tony Rickard ([email protected]) an email, with your name and VCA number, and he'll set you up.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jay Herbert:
This feature is available to VCA members. When you make a post, you'll see a check box below teh text box inthe Options area that say's:

Email Notification: E-mails sent to you whenever someone replies. VCA Member Feature.

Just check the box and you'll be set. If you area VCA member, you'll just need to drop Tony Rickard ([email protected]) an email, with your name and VCA number, and he'll set you up.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AMAZING. Am I a ***** or what. (Dont answer) Like President Bartlett said; "I'm not ignorant, I just hav'nt learned that yet"