Engine Mods

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what is the max rwhp you can obtain from a Naturally Aspirated V10 without boring the block?
I have heard that the ported Stryker heads can add almost 150 rwhp.

Reason I ask is I was thinking of building my V10 up before going Twin Turbo. Figured I would start with the bottom end and then get some Stryker heads. Drive it like that for a few years and then go to the TT setup.
However, I am quite curious as to what my rwhp would be.

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are a few folks who have buit their N/A motors and have gotten north of 600rwhp. Hopefull they will speak up.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
~600rw is a pretty stout N/A goal, you are going to have to pull out quite a few stops to see that number without boring/stroking.

As I have mentioned to you before, dont forget that if you head the N/A direction first and want to make really nice power, you are going to have to back-track that build BIG TIME once you go FI. Personally, I would recommend going with a "big power" build to start- if done right it will make ~close~ to the numbers it would make in an N/A configuration, but remain FI friendly.

This is not a simply matter of changing head gaskets to lower your compression- thats just about the LAST thing you would want to do on a properly built engine; you would take some pretty important specifications like quench, and throw them right out the window by doing that. You likey could not even remove enough material from the chambers to bring the compression down far enough after the fact, as you would need to pull out roughly 15cc+ to drop your CR from ~10 to 8.5-9.0, leaving you with a virtually complete rebuild all over again if you need to go with a deeper dish on your pistons to drop your compression... and thats just one factor of many that could get in the way.

Last edited:

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
N/A

TT

Two different worlds.

Do not built an expensive N/A and then in 2 years go for TT. It works only if you have a 3" thick wallet...

Wait until you are ready for TT, if that is your goal. If you want N/A, Go for it!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire