Englishtown, who's going and were're ya staying?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Englishtown, who\'s going and were\'re ya staying?

Since time will be at premuim this summer for me I have decided to nix heading down to the Viperdays event at VIR and instead put my hard earned cash into the ZRondy. Now begs the question who is heading up via I95 and where are you planning on staying? I figure the earlier I get a hotel room the better of I'll be (not to mention we can't really disturb the other guests if we own the hotel for the weekend right?)

I'm up for suggestions...

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Englishtown, who\'s going and were\'re ya staying?

Hotel information should be included in the packet announcing the rendezvous. The packets should be sent out from National HQ in the next couple of weeks. (After all, it's the end of May!) If history repeats itself, HQ hotel is the Colt's Neck Inn, located in (surprise!) Colts Neck, NJ. Not fancy but quiet. I doubt reservations are going to be a problem, so just hold tight for a couple of weeks until you get your packet.

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

There's a ZR packet??? What will thay think of next....

No problem Ron, me and patience go together like fire and water, like Martha Stewart and the Hells Angels, like SnakeBitten and, well, me...

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll be there Bonkers!
Do you need a ride in my Viper?

Lauri

(Ps. Ed and I had a good drive today, Route 125 north, nice and curvy. Ed gave me "hot laps" with his 150HP NOS Viper, [******]... that thing ROCKS!!!!)

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

I'll be there Bonkers!
Do you need a ride in my Viper?

I don't know Lauri, us GTS guys aren't supposed to associate with you lower RT guys, remember... :)

Seriously though I plan on having Mistress 99% done by that time so not only do I plan on being well armed for this event, I am even expecting to be a competetor. I'll see you, Ed (and his naws sucker,)at the track my friend! :)

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Packets are being sent out today!

Hotel: Although you're welcome to stay at the Colts Neck Inn, we've researched some alternatives with a bit more "character" and the recommended Hotel will be the East Brunswick Hilton Tower! We're considering this for the banquet location as well! ..... AND Indoor parking!

It's going to be an awesome event!

Andy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll be there.

Ron, are you doing your usual caravan planning? I'm still not sure if I want to leave Thursday night, or really early Friday Morning.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok so now I have to change course.I usally do this.

Day 1-Go to Colts Neck Inn,take pretty pics of vipers,say hi to a couple owners,leave,have dinner at perkins across street(sad ain't it? :laugh: ),see prowler or viper in that lot,go to delicous orchirds to get food for home(their prices went up too!!! :mad: I like their peanuts :D )

day 2-Go to Englishtown,take pics of snakes together,go upstairs into tower,talk to owners and drivers,watch a couple races,go down,take more pics and adious ameigo!

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I guess I am out of the loop. Is there an event at Englishtown? If so what day? Thanks,

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Aaron,
The Northeast will have their zone rendezvous at Raceway Park in Old Bridge NJ from May 30 thru June 1.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Larry, how does one get an invite? Is this a VCA event? I am very up for doing anything that is in my back yard. If you could point me to where I can get more information about the event it would be greatly appreciated.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Aaron,
The event at Englishtown will be the zone rendevous.It will be held on May 31-June 2 from 8:00 till 5:00.Talk to Andy and Joe they know everything. :D Sorry if I'm posting to much on this subject.I'm hyper and I can't wait!

Ron

P.S. No new news weather or not HE'S coming.I think he'll be on tour in London that week.

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Aaron,
Joe Houss the VCA President says the packets are being mailed today. If you don't get one I will send you the details if you'd like. And where are you located since you refer to Raceway Park as your backyard? I'm about 10 - 15 minutes from the track.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Larry,
I guess I am stretching my backyard a bit as I am in Morris County. The track is about 35-45 minutes from me, which is pretty close as far as meets go. I will get in contact with Joe as I am not yet a member and thus will not get a packet mailed to me. I am sure Joe can help me out with that. :)

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Aaron,
Become a member! What are you waiting for? The VCA is the best!!! See you at Englishtown.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I could probably only do one day, so Joe, if youe were to choose one day, which would it be?

Andrew

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Andrew,
I know ya asked Joe this but my guess would have to be saturday because on that day you go to e-town,meet the other owners,see the races, and all the cars.Plus the autocross.Speaking of autocross are we gonna have itthis year and if so is it gonna be in that lot again?For some reason I heard someone say they added stuff to the track.There's a course for quads and dirt bikes.Anybody wanna take there viper on that? :D

ron

Andy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Andrew, That depends what you want. I think we are going to have the whole place to ourselves on Friday. That should give more driving time. Saturday will have lots of spectators, and some great old mopars to see.

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ill be there, i went last year and it was a blast just to watch, i gaurandamntee ill be ready to run this year though ;)

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score

I could probably only do one day, so Joe, if youe were to choose one day, which would it be?

Andrew
Andy's right!

Friday is EXCLUSIVE Vipers Only Day! Autocross, Drags, Food, and Fun! Plenty of track time on the quarter mile, plenty of Autocross practice for the BIG CHALLENGE!

Saturday is the OFFICIAL AUTOCROSS CHALLENGE DAY! Get Fast and Furious on the autocross (hint, hint) with some very special SRT-10s! .... AND PVO is sendin' us some SRT-4's as well!!!!! More Drag Racing, More Food, and MORE FUN! ...and the best seats in the house as we have the Air conditioned Winston Suite right above the start line with plenty of cold sodas and more!

Saturday is also the Mopar Atlantic Nats (Autocross is STILL exclusive Vipers), so we share the quarter mile with some VERY fine company (can you say HEMI?)

All in all, each day is worth the entire registration fee.... including some great goodies and food!!!

Register Now as this will surely be a sellout!!!!!

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Joe,
The registration is for Fri-Sat-Sun. How does a single day only work? Thanks, looking forward to the AX, see if you guys can catch me.

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Got my flyer and Reg form today. Is it my understanding that only 100 people will be allowed to the event, or is it only a 100 drivers allowed to participate?

I am currently planning on being there on Thursday night so any caravaners want to group up through DE I95 let me know and I'll start an new thread.

BIRD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This being the first such event I'm able to attend I have some foolish questions. On the application what mods will take my car from stock class to modified. Whats the car show all about? The VCA notes mentions driver school, but there is no mention of this in the registration form. Will this still be offered? I'm sure these questions are silly to most of you, but I don't want to show up and look like an idiot.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score

Bird and all else interested, Here's some answers:

On the application what mods will take my car from stock class to modified.

***Tentative description: Anything other than smooth tubes & hoses bumps you up to modified.

Whats the car show all about?

***Saturday, Raceway Park has a car show as part of the Mopar Atlantic Nationals.... and we're in it! To make it easy for everyone to enter, the Viper judging will take place in our Snake Pit Parking area during lunch time... this way you can still participate in Autocross and drags.

The VCA notes mentions driver school, but there is no mention of this in the registration form. Will this still be offered?

***The Northeast Rendezvous does not include a driving school (if you notice in Steve's column it mentions "may include .... options", as each Rendezvous has unique additional fun included), but WILL include very comprehensive orientations for both autocross technique/safety AND drag racing technique/safety from experts (we have SCCA autocross instructors and pro drag racers ready to help). During the autocross training (non-competition runs) you may elect to request an SCCA instructor in your car, for added help. Last time around, one of the top two winners was a VCA member who spent the whole day with the instructor learning techniques (take advantage of this opportunity, as it's included in the registration fee!)..... and he had just gotten his Snake DAYS before the event!

I'm sure these questions are silly to most of you, but I don't want to show up and look like an idiot.

***Your questions will be useful to all! Thanks for asking!

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score

Hi Joe,
The registration is for Fri-Sat-Sun. How does a single day only work? Thanks, looking forward to the AX, see if you guys can catch me.

Hi Tom,

Due to the fact that most will want to attend the Saturday portion of the event (since that's when the autocross challenge and Banquet are), we have decided not to confuse the registration fees (and complicate the ID badge, car numbering, etc) by offering a one day pass..... I hope all understand. You may elect to attend only one day (why?)... but the fee remains the same (still a bargain... no matter what day you select).

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe:
Got the reg. form yesterday. Is there a one-day registration fee available or do you have to pay the full ? Saturday is the day for me.

thanks, looking forward to it.

Andrew
:usa:

BigRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll be heading out as well. I am not a VCA member yet but I will drive my Viper on Saturday and watch.