Enzo Ferrari and Me on Track,Lapping, Pacific Raceway

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got the Video together of the Lapping Day at Pacific Raceway in Kent Washington, on June 8, 2005. :) :) This was a fun lapping day, with all kinds of cars including a Enzo Ferrari, a Porsche Carrera GT, and a few other exotic cars, including 360 Ferrari(s). :cool: :cool: :cool: I consider this a once-in-a-lifetime to be lapping with a Enzo Ferrari. :2tu: :2tu:

The video is about 10 min long, and will play with Windows Media Player; it is narrated, so turn your volume up.

www.nickdiaz.com/transfer/don/EnzoFerrari_Pacific_Raceway_6805_Narrated.wmv

Later,

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for sharing! Were you listening to Lawrence Welk on track, or was that dubbed in later? Just kidding, sounded more like Count Basie.

Enzo driver not only couldn't drive, he had "no mirrors". Ego comes before skill, in life and the dictionary.

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vic,
Yes, Count Basie; was playing in the background while I did the narration. Your observation was correct "no mirrors", and just wasn't going to let a lowly Viper by; actually wouldn't even let the 360 by.
Oh well it was fun.
Later,

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very calm voice while you are narrating it.I love the part where you say let me get these two Ferraris.ahahaha

wow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always enjoy wayching these videos. I've haven't raced yet but i'm learning thru these clips.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great vid! i have raced wheel to wheel with a original ford GT-40 on a roadcourse in arizona. i have also raced wheel to wheel with a orginal 427 ford cobra on the same track.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice video. What was up with the Enzo driver? Does he think since he spent 1 million on his car, he earns the right to "never get passed?"
Missed most of his apexes, too.

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AG98RT10,
I didn't want to be too harsh in the Video narration, but since you mentioned it: "never get passed", Yes, apparently his thoughts, including not letting my friend in the 360 pass. "Missed most of his apexes, too", yes, essentially all, and braking where you DON'T brake.
When I pulled off, one reason was that I felt it not safe to follow him, not knowing what he might do. You probably noticed I did not ride his bumper and if you could hear the original video camera sound, I was constantly pedalling the throttle.
Later,

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice vid.
Looked like a Sunday drive for you.

I suppose I'd only drive 7/10ths too if I had an Enzo on the track... especially if it was the first time.

Then again, maybe that was 10/10ths for him!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent narration. Definitely not a kid doing this. Its amazing how the enzo pulls away in the straights, but for nearly 1 mil it should. Races are won anyway in the turns. Nice job....

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
AG98RT10,
I didn't want to be too harsh in the Video narration, but since you mentioned it: "never get passed", Yes, apparently his thoughts, including not letting my friend in the 360 pass. "Missed most of his apexes, too", yes, essentially all, and braking where you DON'T brake.
When I pulled off, one reason was that I felt it not safe to follow him, not knowing what he might do. You probably noticed I did not ride his bumper and if you could hear the original video camera sound, I was constantly pedalling the throttle.
Later,

That's about what I thought. Well, it appeared to be at least partly wet that day, but if I were him, I'd have asked to be placed at the back of a group of cars, that way I could go a slower pace I'd be comfortable with and not have to give people point arounds. But, with the apparent lack of technical acumen displayed by this driver, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of an Enzo on "wrecked exotics" someday... :D
By the way, I was also impressed with the calm voice you maintained throughout - you must be really comfortable driving a course and "at speed" (even though this wasn't a real fast series of laps).

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice vid thanks...Im always amazed at how relaxed a Viper engine sounds. It almost sounds like it was yawning with boredom as you were following the Enzo :smirk:
Nice to see a Ferrari Enzo being driven on a track where it belongs even if it was leasurely "Sunday drive".

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW THAT WAS GREAT 3 :2tu: UP

i really enjoyed that. i have yet to drive on a course like that and after
watching your video i cant wait. my only concern about tracking the car on
a road course is the other drivers because at the speeds the cars are going
there is ZERO room for error. i am doing a bit of drag racing and having a
blast. before i do any more i'm in the process of getting 5 point harness
system plus a hans device for my helmet and rollbar after that. after seeing
your video has convinced me to try the road course. :2tu:

i tried auto crossing and did fine but not my cup of tee, maybe it was just a
bad course, lots of stones which caused lots of spinouts for all.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Very calm voice while you are narrating it. >>

that was the part that i got a kick out of - how calm you sounded at - did u say 140mph? Too funny. The music added to the am'bience. I dont think i would be that calm. :2tu:

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Very calm voice while you are narrating it. >>

that was the part that i got a kick out of - how calm you sounded at - did u say 140mph? Too funny. The music added to the am'bience. I dont think i would be that calm. :2tu:

I believe he did the narriation AFTER he made the video.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great vid! i have raced wheel to wheel with a original ford GT-40 on a roadcourse in arizona. i have also raced wheel to wheel with a orginal 427 ford cobra on the same track.

Who gives a [******]! Why are you such a tool?

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To All,
Yes, the narration was after the fact, using Windows Movie Maker to add the voice and music in background. I was not really that "calm", was actually a little frustrated, and as I said above:
"When I pulled off, one reason was that I felt it not safe to follow him, not knowing what he might do."
Later,

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a beautiful track with the woods and all the elevation change. To be honest, if I was driving a million dollar car and there were rain drops on the windshield and trees that close I think I'd be pretty slow too.