Enzo tyres on a SRT

Reaction score
They are a little taller, way sticker and way way cheaper, anyone thought of trying these????

Enzo- 345/35/19,,,,,,28.6 tall,,,,treadware 140 AA

OEM- 345/30/19......27.4 tall,,,,treadware 220 AA

And the same weight.

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the significantly reduced treadwear rating they are not cheaper. I also doubt the Bridgestones are equal on wet surfaces.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the significantly reduced treadwear rating they are not cheaper. I also doubt the Bridgestones are equal on wet surfaces.

You can not compare two tread wear ratings from different companies. There is no industry standard.

You can compare them against another tire from the same company.

This info was available on the Tire Rack website at one time. Not sure if it still is.

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gary,
I think the use of the Enzo sized tire sounds good. With your mods the taller tire will be no problems in fact it might do you some good in reducing some wheel spin. If you go that route keep us posted on your observations I would be interested in the outcome as my car will have plenty of power and these tires might be a better setup. Also if the taller tires are used does the speedometer need to be recalibrated?

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure thing Gary. :D

Here is some info that I found at The Tire Rack.

UTGQ Ratings

The Department of Transportation requires each manufacturer to grade its tires under the Uniform Tire Quality Grade (UTQG) labeling system and establish ratings for treadwear, traction, and temperature resistance. These tests are conducted independently by each manufacturer following government guidelines to assign values that represent a comparison between the tested tire and a control tire. While traction and temperature resistance ratings are specific performance levels, the treadwear ratings are assigned by the manufacturers following field testing and are most accurate when comparing tires of the same brand.

Treadwear

Treadwear receives a comparative rating based on wear rate of the the tire in field testing following a government specified course. For example, a tire grade of 150 wears 1.5 times as long as a tire graded 100. Actual performance of the tire can vary significantly depending on conditions, driving habits, care, road characteristics, and climate.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What size do they have for the front?

And if the fronts are not the same % increase what is the effect on the ABS system and vehicle speed outputs?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to another thread, the speedo feed comes off the ABS sensor, so that means a different tire size would change to reading. Mine is already about 5-10 mph too high, so going to the Enzo tires might make it accurate. Any accountants wanna do the numbers?