Even the ACR is not so pretty with the 2010 stripe

the_postman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more I see them the more I like them (and I liked them from the start). That Blue/Black combo is gorgeous.

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Racing stripes should be stripes not the entire middle of the car. Don't like them.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ugly as hell! Glad I got a Graphite with black center band and red driver stripe!

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sort of like the tapered front stripe looks aggressive. But it's TOO flared out on the back.
I would have liked to see the stripe continue the same width as it is at the windshieds straight back, not flaring even more.

+1 like the front, not so much the back.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread, give it a year and most will wish they had the '10 stripes. I too love the ACR center band, but these stripes would actually make me think twice. Bad to the bone!

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a Viper ACR. The stripes are just icing on the cake. I have no idea why you are "sad". What's to cry about?
THIS.

I had to look at the pics a couple of times to make sure it wasn't a new CC. :)

+11,938,030 for the blue/black combo.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ugly as hell! Glad I got a Graphite with black center band and red driver stripe!

Kenric,
As you know I have your ordered 09 and you wont be disappointed..Too bad you cant buy it back.:( I also think the final edition ACR is a good looking car too..Kevin

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm confused and forgive me as I am sure this info is available elsewhere: is this a stripe-optioned ACR or do these stripes replace the center-band/single-stripe entirely for 2010 ?

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the 2010 stripes on the ACR. IMO, it gives it a comp coupe feel.

DSCN2110.JPG

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Comp Coupe stripes ARE NOT that wide. Look at the 2010 roof, its almost completely white, the Comp Coupe is not all red. Also the competition coupes I am assuming are wider.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm confused and forgive me as I am sure this info is available elsewhere: is this a stripe-optioned ACR or do these stripes replace the center-band/single-stripe entirely for 2010 ?

Stripes are optional on ACR...as in costs more.

Exactly.
Don't like it, don't buy it. You still have the center band option. Or no stripes, which still looks badass.
I think you guys are too quick to form opinions, none of you (probably) having seen it in person. And let's face it, the pics in the original post are low angle or high angle designed to exaggerate the wideness of the bands.
So trust Dodge and wait till these babies show themselves. Enough arm-chair QB'ing.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly.
Don't like it, don't buy it.

Makes sense to me.

I personally don't need to see something in person to know if I like it or not, this...I don't.

On another note....it was like the first pics I saw of the ACR...my jaw dropped it was so bad @ss! I HAD to see it in person!

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly.
Don't like it, don't buy it. You still have the center band option. Or no stripes, which still looks badass.
I think you guys are too quick to form opinions, none of you (probably) having seen it in person. And let's face it, the pics in the original post are low angle or high angle designed to exaggerate the wideness of the bands.
So trust Dodge and wait till these babies show themselves. Enough arm-chair QB'ing.

I would agree with you, but I had to buy most of my Vipers via pictures (at least until I arrived at dealer who posted the pictures...one dealer I bought from was 1,000 miles away). Only one was "down the street". And who knows...we might be in the market, especially if this is the last year of the Viper. Kinda makes me sad.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would agree with you, but I had to buy most of my Vipers via pictures (at least until I arrived at dealer who posted the pictures...one dealer I bought from was 1,000 miles away). Only one was "down the street". And who knows...we might be in the market, especially if this is the last year of the Viper. Kinda makes me sad.

So, buy a center-band, single-stripe ACR. Or a solid car. These stripes aren't for you, I get it. But no reason to get depressed. :dunno:

tcsracing1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
these radical colors maybe a little "boy racer" for some.

however these colors will be the cars sought after by collectors.

i love them.

every viper collector should own one subtle color daily driver and one radical color ACR for show or track! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc