EVERYONE PLEASE POST YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys,

i am in the process of redesigning our oil caps for the viper and i have made a new outer profile that closer mimics the stock cap. it looks very nice.

here is my dilema...i am trying to reduce logo options because they are an inventory nightmare!!!! i always have what i do not need. so i want to eliminate rt10 and gts and go with one logo.

my main choices are the viper head and "SNAKE OIL"

the second was an idea from a viper member up in Illinois that is known to have done alot of drugs in highschool. so i need some further input in to it to decide
smile.gif

i like the idea but what i need to know is what will sell!!!!!!!

here is a pic of the logo in rough form...

You must be registered for see images

regards
george

PLEASE POST YOUR OPINIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elite1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the "SNAKE OIL". Either way wouldn't prevent me from buying it but personally I like the viper head logo and would lean that way if given a choice.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just placed the order for the RT/10 oil cap (as well as other MGW goodies)...since they may go away and I did not have one yet...

Snake head or Snake Oil...I believe either would sell...

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George, I really like the Snake Oil version. I would buy one of those today. In my opinion, there are enough Snakeheads and logos under the hood now, and that is why I had not yet bought one of your current oil caps. One question though...brushed or polished?

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like yet another quality product from MGWLTD
smile.gif

I like the Snake Oil (polished), I too would purchase either way, Viper Logo, or Snake oil.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Snake Oil" is it!!!

I can't think of anything better. No more logo's. Already got (underhood pad, hood emblem, MGW shifter, floor mats, trunk mat, MGW gas cap, brake light, steering wheel, ....). Don't get me wrong, I love 'Sneeky Pete'. But I am approaching overkill....

Also, Black Anodized (sp?) might be cool. Many of us have no shiney pieces in the engine bay, and 1 or 2 pieces can stick out a little too much, IMHO. Although, the Polished Roe S/C would go reaaaal nice with that polished oil cap.... Hmmmmm...

Later

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George...

Snake Oil looks great
smile.gif
...I have one of your originals but would love to change it out for the new one. Send me one when ready.

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
CStegall

S

SUN RA KAT

I like "SNAKE OIL".

Not to change subjects George, but I ordered a set of your satin finish air control knobs and the lady said you were out of them and you would send them to me as soon as you had more made up. How soon until you ship them to me?
- Ken Katowik

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I personally would like one with(that may be offensive to some): "SNAKE BILE".
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

"Snake Oil" sounds like a reference to what a conman/traveling salesman sells.
wink.gif

SurfSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cap looks great! One good idea might be to redo the power steering cap make one that doesnt fall off and looks great ,if possible.There would be alot of buyers for that one!!!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ViperJim:
I would like to see the cap accented in red (or choice of colors).
Maybe polished with red letters...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GREAT idea!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like my GTS cap just the way it is!!
supergrin.gif

But the idea of red accent is nice!! And the Snake Oil is great too!

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George, actually SurfSnake hit the nail on the head! Snake Oil looks really good, and I may buy one at VOI, BUT........ make something similar that matches for our "adventurous" power steering caps, and is an especially SECURE fit, and the Viper Nation will FLOCK to your door! They will be just like smooth tubes and K&N's, EBC pads, and Zaino. Right up there on the list for customary "first mods". Package them together as a set, and we'll soon be reading about you in the Journal!
smile.gif

COOLASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Snake Oil is very cool, this coming from someone who also did a LOT of drugs. I really like the originality of it. Just as long as no trademark toes aren'n being stepped on.

cool.gif
cool.gif
yesnod.gif

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a side note, I would like to see a billet ball shifter wtih a similar finish as the satin on our stock pieces.

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...I hate to do this after reading the previous posts...the idea of replacing the plastic cap with metal (Stainless or Aluminum) caps will create a problem A) Metals expand at different rates, therefore heat metal caps will jam and will take a wrench to remove B)Engine heat will be excessive and would require protective gloves to remove the cap. Sorry George ...That's why Dodge used plastic caps.

OP
OP
M

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HSSSTOY:
...I hate to do this after reading the previous posts...the idea of replacing the plastic cap with metal (Stainless or Aluminum) caps will create a problem A) Metals expand at different rates, therefore heat metal caps will jam and will take a wrench to remove B)Engine heat will be excessive and would require protective gloves to remove the cap. Sorry George ...That's why Dodge used plastic caps.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

your point is VERY true and we have taken that into consideration way before even thinking of making these caps. you see our caps are billet aluminum and plated covers . BUT we mate them to the factory oem mopar oil cap. so the cap is the exact same part going into the crankcase. so no worries about jamming or crossthreading in the engine.

here is a pic to show you what i am referring to...

as far as heat goes, yes they will get hot but i have found not too hot that you cannot use just a paper towel to remove. and since they are not solid billet they cool VERY quickly and the plastic cap does insualte them quite a bit.

regards
george

OP
OP
M

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh and while i am here...

this is the finished oil cap shown in chrome from the top
smile.gif