>I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer. Want
>gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united
>action.
>
>Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE
>than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around
>last
>April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew
>we wouldn't continue to "hurt" them by refusing to buy gas.
>
>It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,
>whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really
>work.
>
>Please read it and join with us!
>
>By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super
>cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.77 for regular unleaded gas in
>Riverwoods,
>IL. We all know that we're being screwed by the oil companies.
>
>Does everyone remember how they drove up the prices way past a dollar
>and got the gas prices to where they wanted them, claiming there was a
>shortage of oil? Well, there isn't any shortage now, and the oil is more
>abundant
>than it was 35 years ago when the price of a gallon of gas was 29 cents!!!
>
>Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to
>think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75, we need to
>take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the
>marketplace....not sellers.
>
>With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to
>take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is
>if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can
>do
>that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How?
>
>Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN
>have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.
>
>Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline
>from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If
>they
>are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If
>they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But
>to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil
>gas buyers. It's really simple to do!!
>
>Now, don't whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain
>how simple it is to reach millions of people!!
>
>I am sending this note to at least thirty people. If each of you send it
>to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least
>ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the
>sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION
>consumers!
>
>If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each,
>then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level
>further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
>
>Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all (If you
>don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is
>send this to 10 people... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a
>mathematician.
>But I am.. so trust me on this one.
>
>How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten
>more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could
>conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you I didn't
>think you
>and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a
>difference.
>
>If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. PLEASE HOLD OUT
>UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 OR LESS RANGE AND KEEP THEM
>DOWN.
>
>THIS CAN REALLY WORK!!!!!!!
>
>PLEASE take a few minutes and pass this on to everyone you know!! If you
>can't e-mail it to at least ten people, please print out a bunch of
>copies and hand it out to your family and friends!!

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron,
That is a PERFECT plan!
I was interviewed today by the Cincinnati Post about why I think my state (KY) should not increase gas taxes. I said because the increases take a greater portion of the little guy's hard-earned pay and because, over the long term, it represents $1000s and will NEVER EVER be decreased. The politician's answer is not to cut fat but to jab the working man. The oil companies are racking up.
Anyway, I'm in.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm in. too. No Exxon or Mobil for me.

Is this a good time to short Exxon/Mobil stocks? :D

jramey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree but what gas should I put in the viper now?, there is only diamond shamrock and the little hina food marts which people say dont buy gas from!
john

OP
OP
V

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i mean we don't have to do it to both exxon and mobil, how about just pick one, i think no more mobil for me.......we gotta do something about it, otherwise i'm sure we will see $4 per gallon very very soon, in NY, the 93 gas is at $2.10 per gallon, insane.........

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that in California there are actually only two competing oil companies providing all of the gasoline for sale, and I think one is Shell. And all of the other major stations and "independent" stations buy gas from them.

I have seen this letter e-mailed around for several years, whenever there is a new gas price-hike, to boycott selected gas stations, but in the end (at least here) those same two oil companies still get all of the money, so they are not hurting from such a boycott.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's assume that this works, and Exxon and Mobil go out of businesss. What would prevent the next company from coming in and being the next Exxon?

If Exxon and Mobil don't sell as much gas, then they would presumably need less oil. What's to prevent the cost of oil to go up as a result, since the OPEC nations can no longer ship in bulk?

Just throwing a thought out there... I'd love for this idea to work. Just seems like wishful thinking...

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a problem for me, I haven't bought gas from Exxon since the Valdez...and haven't bought Mobil since they merged.

Mike L

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I haven't posted in a long time but I couldn't resist this one. That is the most ignorant idea I have ever heard. Obviously you know absolutely nothing about the gasoline business. Do some research first before you take action which affects the poor individuals which are Exxon dealers and have absolutely no control over what they are paying for gasoline. Trust me, I've been in the business for over 22 years, It is a global market and you're problems aren't going to be solved by some sort of bird brained local boycott.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the stupidest thing I've heard/read. According to the 2000 census, the US population is 281,421,906. So what portion of that is the 300 million people that are going to change the oil companies. Chain letters should not be posted here.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the idea. I think we as gasoline consumers should band together to get the price of petrolium back down. But I don't think hitting our American gasoline companies is answer.
OPEC is who is pulling our chains. They keep the prices fix to where it's cheaper to keep buying from their foreign nations than drill in our own country or make more fuel efficient cars.
We focus so much on not wanting to drill in our own back yards ()because we don't want to disturb our own landscape. That we are making the OPEC nations filthy rich. We add more pollution devises to our engines to keep the pollution coming out of OUR car cleaner and they are trying to set off nukes into our country.

I know it's hard to believe, me, owning a Viper and a Suburban but bring on the highbred's. I'm ready to cut off OPEC nations.
I think we should not buy from companies that buy from OPEC nations. If that possible.

But I don't want to go off on a rant.

jramey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since you have been in the business, please let me ask because I always wanted to know. Here in san antonio on different sides of town the regular gas prices are from 5 to 10 cents different per gallon at different places, what is the markup on a gallon of gas from the station stand point, because if they pay the same price why is it differnt prices for gas for being 5 minutes away. and how can we stop them from gauging on different sides of town.

john
2000 gts red/black

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whining like a pack of democrats.Its not the price of the product its the taxes collected on it.Fed,state,county,local,sales,property,gross receipts,business liceneses,registration fees,inspection fees,weights and measures fees,enviornmental impact fees...................Bruce

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's the government not the companies.

When I go to the gas station a litre of bottled water is more expensive than a litre of gasoline. Now tell me, which one do you think costs more to bring to market?

D@mn water companies. Stop buying water on tuesdays.

This idea won't work, people have to get to work and probably don't care that much when it comes down to it.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what about the small gas stations?
Noco for example.. where are they getting there gas?
mobil or exxon?

is sunoco okay?
I never use mobil or exxon anyhow so bring on the reduction!

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STUPID IDEA. Exxon and Mobil sell the gas to everyone. When a tanker truck pulls in to a station, the gas inside can come from MANY sources. Including Mobil and Exxon. Too bad they don't tell you that, otherwise people might actually know that brand loyalty is a scam. Yes, Mobil gas stations only sell mobil. But the hundreds of other companies get their gas from the tank farms....owned by??? Guess who. I know that the major station chains buy from whoever is cheapest that day.

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of the money you pay on a gallon of gas is in taxes; most people don't tally it into their annual tax bill, but if you start adding FICA, medicare, income fed & state, taxes paid on tobacco products & alcohol, sales taxes, property taxes, excise taxes, school taxes, GASOLINE TAXES, and a host of other pass-through taxes that are included in the price of a product but not itemized for your review, you would go insane.

Half your money goes to the government.

We should be asking THEM how much is enough; gasoline is less than 2 grand a year.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I go to the gas station a litre of bottled water is more expensive than a litre of gasoline. Now tell me, which one do you think costs more to bring to market?D@mn water companies. Stop buying water on tuesdays.

Well, there goes my idea of converting my Viper to run on water - too durn expensive these days! Better stick with 93 octane! :p

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in favor of any tax increase that taxes everyone equally, as long as income taxes get cut.

My plan: Raise the gas tax and take the increased revenue to cut income taxes so it all becomes a wash. The increased gas tax will decrease the increasing traffic congestion, wasted gas on SUVs, and dependence on foreign oil, or so I hope.

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still like the idea.
Two clothing stores have suits for $389. No one buys from "Store A". Next week "Store A's" suits are $379.
Two gas stations side-by-side, selling 93 octane for 2.19 per gal. No one buys from "Station B". Next week "Station B" has 93 for 2.09.
I think that the theory is sound. Implementation is a challenge. But hey, we're Viper people and WAY above avg. in intelligence. My I.Q. is right up there with my golf score.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been saying that for years Big Medicine.
How much of a Percentage of my pay check will it take to solve all of our( so called) problems. How long till America will be just another socialized country, Being strangled by over taxation for needless programs that don't work.

Remember that when you go to the pole's in November. Which party is being criticized for giving you back some of your tax dollars and which party is still telling you your not giving enough.

I don't mind paying my taxes, but show me a government agency that respects my money and is run efficiently.

2000 GTS Steel Grey :usa:
6 piston Baer claws up front, Front brakes in back, Quaife differential, GKH half shafts,
Alloy fly wheel, Short throw shifter, Polished aluminum intakes, K&N air filters,
Optima battery, Sterling silver ignition key, ACR 5 point harnesses.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's kindda funny hearing a Viper owner complain about gas. If you can't afford the gas get a GEO. I'm not being rude just realistic. When your driving a car that's 60k+ and gets 10 mpg do you think anyone will feel sorry for you? Oh yeah I own a gas station...Just kidding :) I don't.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Ditto.

In my business I have sold to private industry for 20 years, the last 2 I now sell to the govt. I cannot beleive the amount of waste involved. I beleive 95% of private industry would be out of business if it ran the same way. I know govt and private industry are different but wast is waste, period.
More money = more waste, IMHO.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think "Mike L" with his business experience, should give us an idea that would work. The internet and these forums could spread a plan and maybe get something going. Let's do it. :2tu: We need a plan.

2000 GTS Steel Grey :usa:
6 piston Baer claws up front, Front brakes in back, Quaife differential, GKH half shafts,
Alloy fly wheel, Short throw shifter, Polished aluminum intakes, K&N air filters,
Optima battery, Sterling silver ignition key, ACR 5 point harnesses.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew/USPWR:
I'm with you, now and in Nov. All I keep hearing from the DNC is how people over 150K need to give up more, that Bush gave to the rich....I'm so sick of the ignorance. Bush should go up on a podium, not say anything, and simply replay one of Ronny's speaches on Taxes. Than shut off the tape, and just say: "That's what we need to do again".

AC

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4