Evo beats 3 Vipers at Laguna Seca ... who was driving?

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whew!!! One thing's for sure. You Viper guys have a better sense of humor than those prima donnas at the Corvette Forum. :2tu:

You need to post this same question over at the alley. Then report back with your results.

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys need to stop looking for excuses like weight penalties, the EVO cost a lot of $$$, etc. etc. If you want to beat Kent and his EVO, you need to just go out and do it. See you at the next NorCal ITE race. :laugh:

You must be registered for see images attach

Dude,

you will get incinerated on this board with that kind of smack talk :ooo: Not by me but by the guys who have ice cold snake blood pumping through their veins on here...

A little advice, enjoy the fact that Kent ended up with a good result and enjoy the fact that a past WCGT winner and an ALMS crew chief & driver complimented you on Kents hot rod... But also note that a regional ITE race is not the kind that would matter much to that team...

I met Kent before the race and he seems like a nice guy even at a svelt 248lb :smirk: His PUY was kind of a bad deal and his big offs were uncalled for but he seemed like a cool guy and it is for sure a cool hot rod, so just enjoy the way things finished and don't pat yerself on the back too hard cuz it aint that big a deal to anyone here, especially the guys he finished in front of :cool:

Next time if ya really want we'll pull the restrictors out :headbang:

sbw

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys need to stop looking for excuses like weight penalties, the EVO cost a lot of $$$, etc. etc. If you want to beat Kent and his EVO, you need to just go out and do it. See you at the next NorCal ITE race. :laugh:

You must be registered for see images attach

Dude,

you will get incinerated on this board with that kind of smack talk :ooo: Not by me but by the guys who have ice cold snake blood pumping through their veins on here...

A little advice, enjoy the fact that Kent ended up with a good result and enjoy the fact that a past WCGT winner and an ALMS crew chief & driver complimented you on Kents hot rod... But also note that a regional ITE race is not the kind that would matter much to that team...

I met Kent before the race and he seems like a nice guy even at a svelt 248lb :smirk: His PUY was kind of a bad deal and his big offs were uncalled for but he seemed like a cool guy and it is for sure a cool hot rod, so just enjoy the way things finished and don't pat yerself on the back too hard cuz it aint that big a deal to anyone here, especially the guys he finished in front of :cool:

Next time if ya really want we'll pull the restrictors out :headbang:

sbw

Evo guy, beware. :2tu:

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I was also racing there(not ITE but GT1),if I remember correctly,John Dearing,with his GTS on 275 Toyos front tires,was,shall we say,a little faster than the Evo?

Luc.00GTS

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I was also racing there(not ITE but GT1),if I remember correctly,John Dearing,with his GTS on 275 Toyos front tires,was,shall we say,a little faster than the Evo?

Luc.00GTS

UH OH? Did we not get the entire story?

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stop Press
-----------------------------------------------------------
Could it be that "Super Evo" was actually beaten by one of those stock Snakes with the 40% restrictor ?
This news could bring down the entire Rice empire.....

p.s. Do they make a Mac Evo ? I don't fancy the white ones.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait, can you really run an Evo on Cow Manure? If so, forget the hybrid idea, there's enough Manure here in Indiana, we will never need Oil again!! :D

And of course, EVO are great cars, but they get smoked all day long by SRT4s !! :D

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this one of those ******** classes that tries to equalize the cars so that the driver makes the difference and decides who wins. (Gota let the boys play with the men to fill the field). So, if the cars are “equal” it really doesn’t matter what you’re driving. You guys are racing drivers not cars. Sort of like bracket racing where an 11 second Viper car can lose to a 20 second Fairmont wagon. Only difference is the guys on the Fairmont wagon site won’t be crowing about their win the next day. You go girl!

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well you need to look at the fact the EVO runs in ITE a unrestricted class while the 3 Vipers are in T-1. Dearing had him beat easy which was a ITE classed car, until he broke. That car was 3200 lbs with a 30% restrictor and Toyo tires. The T-1 Vipers are 3600 lbs, STOCK and 40% restricted.
The EVO got the win, but lets see what he has when some serious ITE cars show up the end of September.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score