Excellent Dealership experience in MA

mblgjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I've been looking through inventory throughout the entire US for about 6 weeks straight. Looking and looking for the right car. Still plenty available in most places.

Today I picked up my beautiful '13 GTS Shadow Blue Pearl/Laguna-sepia at a wonderful dealership in Hudson, MA. Colonial Chrysler Jeep Dodge.

I was cold calling various dealers feeling out the market a bit and had narrowed my choice down to one of 3 near identical cars. I called Colonial since the car I was interested in had the exterior carbon fiber package and stood out a bit as my favorite.

Spoke with general manager Chris Gourley on the phone for about an hour and finalized the deal the following day. He's a genuine car guy and understands what any SRT owner wishes to experience when buying a new vehicle. Viper or otherwise, I would be proud to purchase anything from them after the way they treated me today. I've been fortunate enough to experience many new vehicle purchases and this was by far the easiest to execute and the BEST customer service.

All his SRT products are stored inside a fully enclosed warehouse or the showroom. They have a perfect Orange TA on the floor now as well as a white SRT Cherokee, Challengers, etc. and pricing is extremely fair. The TA is just waiting for a good home.

I flew into Boston and will making the 1200+ mile trek back home. Should be entertaining :drive:

You must be registered for see images

Orange TA
You must be registered for see images

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 23

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats. One of my favorite colors. Wish I could afford that T/A, but you made an excellent choice. Since its a 13, I'm sure you got a goodeal as well.

One thing - that car has probably been sitting for a year. Are they changing out any fluids for you? How about the battery?

OP
OP
M

mblgjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet the TA could be had for nicely under msrp.

Yes the car had been sitting, however it was in a climate controlled area so I'm not concerned with fluids any moreso than normal. On any new car I typically drive it a short distance and change the oil first thing. I bought a case of oil filters already, so that will be done shortly.

As to the battery, they maintenance charged it once a month. So it hasn't been run down or dead.

Their Viper tech, David, is also on-point. My car decided to fry/short the audio amp first thing before I left and he very quickly diagnosed/fixed the issue. We were all a bit surprised.

Last edited:

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How the heck does a dead short happen that quick in a 100k dollar car thats brand new.......

OP
OP
M

mblgjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IDK but the AMP died. When we disconnected the unit from the harness, it had the "Burnt electronic" smell inside one of the connectors.

First thing we found was the fuse underhood for said circuit was blown and when the tech went to insert a new fuse, it popped immediately. Thus, we went to the amp itself.

Stuff happens. I deal with small electronics with another hobby and stuff like that fails in a similar manner.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IDK but the AMP died. When we disconnected the unit from the harness, it had the "Burnt electronic" smell inside one of the connectors.

First thing we found was the fuse underhood for said circuit was blown and when the tech went to insert a new fuse, it popped immediately. Thus, we went to the amp itself.

Stuff happens. I deal with small electronics with another hobby and stuff like that fails in a similar manner.
I believe the exact same thing happened to a guy who tried to buy a long sitting 2013 at Cole's Dodge out here on the West Coast. I would bet it's not a fluke.

OP
OP
M

mblgjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weird. Maybe voltage spike from being charged.

Or maybe low voltage at some point causes an issue. Certainly something to it if multiple units have failed after sitting for extended periods. Sounds like further reasoning to drive it on a regular basis :)