Exhaust tip weekend tinker project.

Kirkinsb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have seen some after market exhausts with nice chrome tips. I always thought they looked really good with chrome wheels. But I already have my exhaust how I want it. So changing or replacing the exhaust just for the chrome tips made no sense. I searched the internet...but really did not find what I was looking for. I did not want a huge gaudy chrome tip poking out. Just a nice subtle enhancement. I ended up getting two $13 stainless steel tips from a local parts store.

Anyway, after some cutting, welding and some simple fabrication, I had tips that slid snugly over my existing exhaust outlets. Simple & subtle but really looks good as it picks up the chrome color in my wheels. Total cost $26.00, 3 beers and 2 cigars. Plus I just love tinkering on sh*t out in the garage.

You must be registered for see images

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks great, just make sure to keep them clean since the quality of the finish seems to fade away pretty quick due to quality issues. yes you see them on trucks and all rusted and pitted away...

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job, looks better than most, and WAY better than mine.. I'm sure there's a good story behind the beer and cigars :)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little tip on installing exhaust tips. It is a good idea to set them up near the front of the opening when cold. As they warm up the exhaust tubing expands and pushes the tip rearward. Sometimes it will even hit the opening and cause damage. ( 0) when cold = (0 ) when warm.

OP
OP
K

Kirkinsb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paul Hawker....you are exactly right....I was quite amazed how much the tips move when the exhaust is hot. I actually adjusted the exhaust last night towards the front to compensate for the expansion when things heat up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang