Exhaust

jes4fun

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions. I own a 1998 RT10 with stock exhaust. The car is a dream come true automobile, I love everything about her except the sound of the exhaust. Without spending a lot of dollars any suggestions on how to get a little more aggressive sound.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of money is pretty relative.

I believe many of the popular exhaust cat back systems new cost between $1,200 and $2,000 for parts.
If you want inexpensive and don't care about drone you could try straight pipes.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remove the cats or replace them with high flows then replace the rear muffler with straight pipes. It'll be a nice sound considering the cost ($200-$450).

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a muffler delete setup I'll send you for $50 plus freight if you want, but you could probably get a local exhaust shop to do the same thing for about the same money. Art

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions. I own a 1998 RT10 with stock exhaust. The car is a dream come true automobile, I love everything about her except the sound of the exhaust. Without spending a lot of dollars any suggestions on how to get a little more aggressive sound.

Too funny!! I was in exactly the same situation (incl. the '98 RT/10). After quite some reading and researching I decided to go for the Corsa 3" catback (because of the missing drone) plus HF cats (for cooler side sills). Would do it again this way.

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you live in a non-emmissions testing area, the first, easiest, and cheapest thing to is replace the cats with a straight piece of tubing. If you still want more sound, replacing the rear muffler with straight pipes or some resonators(fancy word for glasspacks).

hiss highness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have a 97 GTS, I removed cats and converted to side exhaust, had corsa's on before but easily blew all the packing out so went to a round diesel cans to fit in the sills, the inside looks like an auger bit with a inch and a half straight tube down the center(no insulation or packing), then some high heat paint and header wrap for the entire unit and still had room for the factory insulation(barely), and while sills were off anyway removed the stupid sheetmetal screws under the sills and put threaded inserts in instead, and angled the discharge at 45 degrees with 3.5 inch discharge from the muffler to end so the termination is oval not round, cost 800 for both sides including header wrap and a new clamp from the header( some dingus had a ford branded one on before). had to dynomat the doors cause it scares children. sound is evil(good evil), cant wait to pull up side a Harley nut and blow his ***** off the back when I gun it. v10 loud pipes save more lives than his crappy v2 anyday

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a cool setup....did you manage to do a crossover somewhere to get the full sound on both sides like with the Gen3's and 4's?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21