Exhausting

ViperDad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a first post, please excuse my newbie question. Besides the obvious loss in the signature sound, what views are there on exhausting out the rear instead of the sidepipes, or having both tied together for more flow. I already posed this to Jon and he said no. In case Jon sees this, there are no stupid questions, only the ones not asked.
Max

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Routing the exhaust out the rear interfers with trailer hitch...see there are even stupid answers to serious questions.

On a more serious note, I believe the european Vipers have rear exhaust to meet sound restrictions.

Your SRT already has a cross over between the pipes. The pipe on the right of your engine exhaust out the left side, and the left engine exhaust comes out the right. This allows a crossover behind your seats.

The stock exhaust flows fairly well, but lots of us have converted to Corsa, Borla or other, more efficient, and louder pipes.

Don't worry about Jon. His attitude is legendary, as is his Viper knowledge.

OP
OP
V

ViperDad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked for info and I see no details. Any suggs where to get info?
Max

OP
OP
V

ViperDad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,
Where can I get more details on these conversions?

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Startech=Brabus(Mercedes-Benz tuner) located somewhere in California(i think) Newport Beach possibly. do a google search of brabus-usa

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Startech=Brabus(Mercedes-Benz tuner) located somewhere in California(i think) Newport Beach possibly. do a google search of brabus-usa

I e-mailed them a while back about their exhaust and wheels and never
heard from them.

Herc :usa:

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess Viper owners are never satisfied with stock. You are wanting to convert side exhaust to rear, and I am about to complete a rear exhaust to Gen1 side exhaust. Do it like you want it, I did. :headbang:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry about Jon. His attitude is legendary, as is his Viper knowledge.

That was so funny, I have to give you a :2tu:

Thanks for the laugh.

Actually I did tell him NO, but where there is a will there is a way. I'm sure its doable, and as one of our members pointed out Brombus has something, but DAD read it as BROMBU$$$$$$ it wont be cheap. But if I know ya, you are thinking of fabricating something anyways, not really buying it from them.

But more importantly, I told my Dad to start engaging you guys, there is a wealth of knowledge over here for him, and admittedly, I know 10x more on the GTS's then I do the srt-10s, so why not get feedback from his peers, fellow srt-10 owners. That's my view.

I'll help where I can, but prefer he asks you guys these questions, you guys are insightful and are happy to help, I'm low tolerance and pissy ;-)

Thanks for helping my pops.

Jon the ****

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang