Exotic Car Show for Non-Profit: Need Participants!!!

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

I organize a sports car club in Northern Virginia (The NoVa Sports Car Club (Centreville, VA) - Meetup) and I was contacted by Mary Sherrick the executive director of a non-profit in Pennsylvania who is hosting an exotic car show at the Antique Auto Museum (Antique Auto Museum at Hershey, Pennsylvania). I assured her that I would do my best to round-up some cars so that’s why I’m posting. The event is expected to have about 400 attendees, participant prizes, and local media coverage, but this is the first year so they’re hoping for a particularly strong turnout.

The non-profit is called Castaway Critters and they help find placements for homeless animals. Here is a link to the organization and the event: CoolCars.

Now, I just want to say that I am in no way affiliated with Castaway Critters, other than the fact that I was contacted about getting some exotic cars together. However, I am uniquely involved with sports cars and with similar animal-related non-profits in Fairfax, VA, so I wanted to help her out.

Anyways, it should be a great time to spend the day at the museum and the Hersey, PA area. I’ll be organizing a cruise for the people who want to drive up from Northern VA and Maryland, but feel free to contact Mary directly and submit your registration form. The cost for each participate car is $20, which is a joke frankly. Otherwise, just PM me and I can send you more information. Again, here is the link to the participation form: CoolCars.

At this point, I don’t think Mary is worried about getting too many of one type of car…I think she just wants a lot of cool cars…so here is some basic information she provided about what they are looking for…

1st Annual Castaway Critters
“Cool Cars for Cats and Canines”
April 30, 2011 (10:00am-2:00pm)
Antique Auto Museum, Hershey

We are looking for owners of exotic cars to participate in our first Annual Exotic Car Show. Participants have the chance to showcase their cars, meet with other car enthusiasts, and compete for crowd voted favorites and win prizes. What is an “exotic” car by our definition? Most simply stated it is a car that has limited production, scarcity or has been personalized/created in an unusual way. It is generally not intended for a large market audience of buyers. If you see it on the road regularly, in parking lots, or a traffic jam, it is not an exotic car. Some examples of exotic cars are marques such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Bentley, Lotus, Bugatti, McLaren, Maserati, etc. Time-honored supercars, such as Porsches and Corvettes, among others, are also welcome. We want YOU and your special car. Come join us for a day of car fun and you’ll be helping homeless animals in need.

Your $20 donation will include the following:
One car entry into the show
Entry into the “Owners Tent” (complimentary breakfast/lunch)
One entrance ticket to the Antique Auto Museum

Registrations will be accepted until April 10th, 2011.

Please Return Registration Form, along with your $20 donation to:
Castaway Critters
c/o Mary Sherrick
410 Market St
New Cumberland, PA 17070

For more info, see our website at Welcome to Castaway Critters, the James A. Hueholt Memorial Foundation
Or call 717-919-0466

Again, I’m bringing my 2008 Viper and I think it’s a great excuse to get a bunch of owners together from around the area. It should be a great event and I’ve heard awesome things about the museum. Honestly, even if I wasn’t a participant, I would still go up and check out the cars. Again, please pass the information along to anyone you know who might be interested. Lastly, the participant application is still old school, which means that you’ll have to print it, sign it and mail it in, so if you’re interested, please do so promptly.

-Chris

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Based on the schedule that Carmen emailed, April 30 is the Maple Grove Track Day. However, when I look at Maple Grove's calendar, April 30 is listed as "UTI High School Challenge".

OP
OP
S

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it should be said that I wouldn't want this to conflict with any VCA sponsored events, but if you're in the area that weekend it would be a shame to miss it (as a participant or as a guest). I know that there are already quite a few Ferrari and Porsche owners who are coming and I'll be happy to represent Vipers...but I'd rather not be the only one.

OP
OP
S

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is no one planning on coming to this? It's going to be an awesome time and all for a great cause. Any takers?

mgeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, new to the club but I'm planning on attending. Sending the registration form today and will be driving in from Northern NJ.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Discussed this with PaViper at the H-burg Auto Show. He is waiting for confirmation on the Maple Grove event. If that falls through, you will probably get a few more for this show. Registration deadline for Cool Cars is April 10th, so we have a little time to see about Maple Grove.

OP
OP
S

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey gang, thanks for all of your support. I'm looking forward to meeting other owners there. Tell your friends!!

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The deadline for registration is April 10. Still no confirmation on Maple Grove so I'm going to register for this event.

So far:
stranger355
mgeorge
markk
swexlin

Anyone else? Maybe PaViper can spread the word if there isn't going to be a VCA event that day.

Last edited:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No conflicts on our end, see you all there, just went ot the museum 2 days ago to see the Shelby display

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Can you update the region website with this? It might be too late to register, but others can come support the event since we'll be there.

OP
OP
S

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was great meeting everyone (although only briefly). I'm sure we'll get a chance to talk more during one of the Viper events. I can't wait to see the pictures!!

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
We had 7 snakes in the pit - out showing the 6 Vettes.

Here is the group photo. I printed it in 8x10 and it looks pretty good. PM me with your email address and I'll send you the digital.

Left to Right. '94 RT/10 - Tom, '03 SRT/10 - Scott, '04 SRT/10 - James, '08 SRT/10 - Chris, '97 GTS - Mark, '98 GTS - Mike, '04 SRT/10 - Connie
(If I messed one up, let me know and I'll edit it).

And a shameless plug that my Viper was pictured in the program guide in our packets.

Attachments

• DSC_0134.jpg
    DSC_0134.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 89

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Someone put together a video from the car show. The 3 Vipers they show come in at 4:04 into the video. There was some nice hardware at this show.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAim3PMahro[/media]

mgeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good meeting everyone on Sunday, I thought it was a great show and hopefully will see everyone (and maybe more) next year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960