Exp w/ Mopar Perf Front Brake Air Duct Kit

motomike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased and installed the Mopar Performance Front Brake Air Duct kit on their car? Does it work well? The kit indicates some 'minor cutting of the fascia' is required. What do they mean by 'minor'? I'd prefer not having to cut the fascia. I gatherfrom some postings that the Porsche deflectors are not that effective? What's a good, effective brake air ducting/cooling system for the Viper?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry is correct for ultimate performance with the door to door gang, but judging from your concerns about cutting the fascia I figured you were a low-budget hacker like me.

Either way works.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by motomike:
Has anyone purchased and installed the Mopar Performance Front Brake Air Duct kit on their car? Does it work well? The kit indicates some 'minor cutting of the fascia' is required. What do they mean by 'minor'? I'd prefer not having to cut the fascia <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PARTSRACK has been 'intimately' involved in this kit since before its half-release, on behalf of 2 of our SCCA-T1 customers. Half of the kit is Vapor-Ware. The existing half is (really) too expensive, when reasonable alternatieves exist. It works well, when you manufacture what is missing! But you do have to cut/modify the facia air dam skirt

(We also carry 3-4 alternatives)

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motomike,

I did get one of these systems installed on my 01 GTS by Bobby Archer in Fort Worth. The finished product looks good and seems to work well. The system installed was not cheap and there are other ways to cool your brakes that Jon B (and others) can tell you about,however,this package does look "oem".

C Stegal
01 GTS

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB got it right...I don't think there actually is a "Mopar Kit" but the Archer's bootleged it from Mopar in plastic instead of carbon fiber and it works real cooooooollll!..Bobby Archer even got it certified for T1...thanks.

Well worth it.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Call Bobby Archer Motorsports at 817-877-1772, and the system is , as stated, very OEM looking. It may seem pricey, but it is very effective and the total cost with installation is actually less than many of the other systems. This is the closest system to the non-existent one DC was going to produce.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by safireviper:
does anybody open the empty fog light area of the ACR to run brake ducts? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) PartsRack carries the Archer Brake Cooling Kit....
I would be happy to ship one immediately! $749

2) We also have a pair of nice, aluminum/ screened fog-light area "scoop" ducts for the ACR.......but Truth is, however, that at speed, this is an area of positive - neutral pressure...and withgout inline FANS to pull in air, that location is pretty much worthless. The good news is, the driving light harness is still there, and the light switch could operate two fans !