Experience with RB1?

TriGuy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read a thread awhile back on the RB1 gps/radio/CD player. It was an excellent review of the usability and functionality of the gps system. But I don't remember many comments on the CD player/radio except that it only handled one CD compared to the six that the factory player handles.

I'm quite pleased with the sound of the factory system (after changing door speakers), and the CD player has never skipped once - even with all the bumps. Does the RB1 do as well? How's the sound quality?

Has anyone hooked up the Sirius radio in it? How hard was it to install the antenna? Where did you locate it?

Did you install the system yourself? How difficult was the install?

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Cary

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't want to play CDs on RB1. Though excellent player it uses this one slot for the navigation CD. Read my other thread about hooking up factory DVD changer and remember to separate power cables from audio to avoid the interference.

I did not try Sirius with it but supposingly it is simple and works in conjunction with the DVD changer.

Installing RB1 is a plain swap.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The RB-1 sounds just the same as the stock head unit. I installed a CD changer in the trunk along with the Sirius tuner. The Nav works pretty good, with the CD changer in the trunk, I can switch between CD’s, satellite and the radio while using the nav. The satellite radio is the best part. I rarely listen to regular radio anymore. I did not want some ugly separate satellite unit on my dash all the time, so this set up worked great for me. The CD and Sirius tuner came with a long wire harness that you must run back to the trunk. Running the wire harness is the hardest part, but it is not bad. I am very happy with the setup and it does give a higher impression of luxury in the fastest car around.

As for the antenna, I first mounted it between the sport bar just on the back side of the black plastic (don’t know what you call it). The antenna was not horizontal and it would lose the signal occasionally. Now I have it mounted between the sport bars but on top of the black plastic. I heated the plastic with a heat gun and then pressed the antenna into the plastic so now it has an impression that fits the antenna perfectly. The black of the antenna and the black plastic match as well so it looks like it came that way.

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clever mounting solution if I understand correctly. Is the reception affected with the top up? You know we would all like some pictures, don't you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX