extended warrantee advise, please

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just checked with DC on my warrantee status. I have an '04 with a 3 year full warrantee and a 7 year powertrain warrantee. My 3 yr warrantee expires the end of June. I was told that the cost of extending that would be $1,900 and change.

I'd like to get some feedback to see if the members feel this is worth it. It seems the most likely issues that may occur would be powertrain related, so mabe the extended warrantee is not worth the money???

I have had two warrantee repairs so far; 1st was a trans replacement due to a myterious noise that the techs couldn't diagnose (definitely falls under powertrain) and the 2nd was a new cooling fan unit (don't think this would be covered under powertrain, but I could be wrong).

Those who have done the extended warrantee... are you glad you did? Those that haven't... any regrets?

Thanks for the feedback.

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no doubt in my mind that the extended warranties are worth while. I've already had the right front shock, both hoses to the oil ooler, and the passenger side window actuator replaced under my extended waranty. It's already paid for itself.

Moreover, it increases the value of your car when it comes time to sell it.

Don.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check with Chuck Tator. He is truly the Wizard. I just got mine from him less than a week ago. I checked with others and then went with the best and also the best as far as customer service.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you've had the fan motor replaced, then you'll know that purchasing an extended warranty is worth the cost. Fan motors are not part of the powertrain. Buy one from Chuck Tator at Tator's Dodge.

OP
OP
V

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you've had the fan motor replaced, then you'll know that purchasing an extended warranty is worth the cost. Fan motors are not part of the powertrain. Buy one from Chuck Tator at Tator's Dodge.

The car is still under warrantee till the end of June, so the fan assembly was covered and already repaired. I don't know what it would have cost if it wasn't covered, but I hear they are pretty expensive.

Based on what I have heard so far, I will bite the bullet and spend the money for the extended warrantee. Don made a good point about it also improving the car's resale value, so one way or another, I'm sure the extended warrantee will pay for itself.

Thanks for the input!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The extended warantee's are well worth it, whether you keep your car or sell it. I've had two and they definately paid for themselves. I haven't bought one in 4 years but I think you can find one for at least 1/3 less than the price you referenced, shop around.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The extended warantee's are well worth it, whether you keep your car or sell it. I've had two and they definately paid for themselves. I haven't bought one in 4 years but I think you can find one for at least 1/3 less than the price you referenced, shop around.

Can you give me a hint on where this might be???;)
thanks