Extended Warranty Options

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for options on extending my Viper's extended warranty. Am original owner, bought the original Dodge extension when I purchased car and it is expiring mid November. 16,000 miles on car.

Not sure if I can get another Dodge extension, but curious as to other's experience. Please feel free to PM me directly.

Thanks very much

OP
OP
Ron

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Done so, but unsuccessful.

Was looking for someone that had found a second extended warranty solution recently as it seems the rules might have changed recently.

Thanks

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
WHAT ?? NOBODY has found/purchased an aftermarket extended warranty...from a stable and reliable company???

Maybe there is no such thing !!!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Seems odd that no one has mentioned the Chrysler Pre-owned Vehicle Added Care Plus Warranty program...is there a problem with a Viper? Looks like this package good for 1995 (not sure about '94) to current models...WHAT am I missing???

tommygun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems odd that no one has mentioned the Chrysler Pre-owned Vehicle Added Care Plus Warranty program...is there a problem with a Viper? Looks like this package good for 1995 (not sure about '94) to current models...WHAT am I missing???

Chrysler changed the rules and you can now only purchase a used added care policy at the time of vehicle purchase at a Chrysler dealership. And the only way to extend the present contract is if it is shorter than a 7yr contract as that is the longest contract they offer. IE if you have a 5yr new car contract, it can be extended to 7yrs. The aftermarket contracts I deal with on a daily basis **** big time.

Tommy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Tommy...interestingly, the 2 dealerships that I have visited this AM seem UNAWARE of the stipulation that the contract is ONLY available at the time of purchase of said pre-owned vehicle....to the contrary, THEY reviewed the brochures (including the new one that goes into effect Nov.1, 2004) and told me that the only thing in question was the price sheet which "should arrive tomorrow".

I will put on my "fine print glasses" and review the brochures myself...and, hopefully, be able to talk with D-C about this matter using the provided toll-free number.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
NEWS FLASH: I just got off the phone with "Plan Service" at 1-800-442-2666...I spoke with a VERY HELPFUL gentleman named Will (extension 2093),

We reviewed the new brochure together, (and, along the way he checked with his supervisor to be SURE)... and, I also pointed out the fact that Wife and I have purchased said Viper new, AND, had purchased a 7 year D-C extended warranty that has expired...seems this is NO PROBLEM as the Viper is USED NOW !!!

Bottom line, as I understand it, a pre-owned vehicle )in this case, Dodge Viper) is ELIGIBLE for the various levels of service contract as long as it is a 1994 or newer car and does not have 125,000 miles or more on it.
Now, IF the car is a 2001 or newer AND has less that 48,000 miles on it, one can purchase this Service Contract over the phone. BUT, if the car is a 1994-2000, and/or has more that 48,000 miles on it, one MUST go to one's Dodge dealer to purchase this contract.

Please be aware that I am NOT a dealer or D-C employee...just a car guy facing the same worries that we all face with these cars.

MAYBE I have been given misinformation at somepoint, but at this juncture, this looks like a viable option for those in need.

I would HOPE that more or the Viper Nation who ARE indeed dealers or work for same, etc. would check out this new information and CONFIRM of CONDEMN that which I have stated.

Thanks !!!

OP
OP
Ron

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Steve for all of your research. I will test your finding soon and report back......

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I was WRONG !!!!!

Tommy was/is RIGHT !!!

...Tommy said..." Chrysler changed the rules and you can now only purchase a used added care policy at the time of vehicle purchase at a Chrysler dealership.

Tommy,...Fields Dodge Service Manager "

MORAL...listen to good, solid, honest PRO's.

Now, I have ALSO LEARNED that indeed that if one purchases a used 1994 Viper (with less than 50,000 miles on car) FROM A CHRYSLER-Dodge dealer, that one can obtain an excellent warranty for up to 4-5 years starting the day of BOTH purchases (Viper and used car service contract).

To me, this REALLY helps the person wanting a pre-owned Viper, BUT that has been a little "shy" due to the potential costs of ownership, especially if something breaks !!! SEE YOUR FRIENDLY VIPER DEALER for more details...but, be aware, not ALL are familiar with these program changes.

Another point that I learned today from a "G.M." (who checked with a Zone Mgr.)...a Viper that is past the 3yr./36,000 miles point CAN indeed still be eligible to purchase the standard "extended new car warranty" as long as said Viper is less that 4 years old AND the milage is less than 48,000 miles.

I SURE HATE to be WRONG, BUT, I'm ALWAYS HAPPY to learn new and valuable info ( yes, even at MY age).

I HOPE that this dialogue that Ron started is a help to soom of our Viper Broters and Sisters!

"THANK YOU" to ALL those who have helped with this matter !!!!!! YOU know who you are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang