Extended Warranty?

svensk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it possible to get an extended DC warranty on a stock 97 GTS with 25000 miles?what would it cost? Thanks Jan.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe you can still get an extended warranty for a 96 sometime in 2005 so you should still be able to get one for a 97. The man that knows is Chuck Tator. You can find him by doing a search above.

97fatboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called Chuck concerning my 1997 GTS,which is still under factory warranty until August 04. He said as of last year, DC will not extend the warranty on vehicles over 4 years old. I would still call Chuck Tator and get it staight from him.

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK guys I don't want to look the fool, but I just received my Card from DC on my 96 GTS. Try Mike at Ringgold. I may be mistaken, but I'd swear it was from DC. Note: This was purchased when I bought my GTS in December 03.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I checked into extending the warranty on my 97 GTS, last march, I was told that as long as the car was less than 6 years old (from date of sale) and had less than 60,000 kilometers (37,000 miles) then it was eligible for extended warranty. This is in Canada but I fail to see why it would be different in the US.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In December I purchased a D.C. extended warranty for my '96 GTS. I bought an additional 4 years as my 7 year extended was about to expire. I was told that as long as my car was on a new car warranty I could purchase an additional extended through D.C. I chose the 48 month/60,000 mile Added Care with a $200 deductible. It cost me $2265 and that was with the local dealer's Viper Club discount. They had given me such a super deal on my 7 year extended ($1,100) that I just went back to them for this one.

Bob K

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the 6 year rule is correct.

I absolutely know that as of mid-year 2003, DC would only allow dealers to write extended warranties on cars THEY sold. The car could have been sold used but the warranty had to be written by the selling dealer, not the servicing dealer. If you bought the car privately, there may or may not be a possibility of having the original dealer sell you an extended warranty.

Soooo, if you bough it from a local dealer, you're in like Flynn.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both of my extended warranties on the '96 were bought from a different dealer than the one I bought the car from. The 7 year extended was bought just before the original 3/36 expired and so was still considered a new car warranty. Supposedly that is why I was allowed to buy the latest 4 yr/60,000 from D.C. All I know is that I do have in my hands a valid D.C. warranty for the next 4 years.

Bob K

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good points. It could be that you're OK because you're the original owner or that you extended an existing warranty already in your name.

Neither were the case for me; DC wrote me a letter stating that I couldn't initiate a warranty (in October 03) except through the selling dealer.

OK so this IS confusing. Rulebook please!

tealviper94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I live in Tampa Florida and went to Bob Wilson Dodge and got a 4 year 65,000 mile extended warranty. cost 3450.00 This is for a 1994 Dodge Viper with 13,250 miles on it. The car had to be pre-inspected before they would give a warranty on it. Best money I ever spent, just for peace of mind. :smirk: This was purchased last October. So I don't know if they changed the rules. But I would call around.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's the verdict? I am considering purchasing a 1998 RT... less than 10,000 miles... but no warranty. I would like to buy a warranty if possible?

Anyone know the actual answer to this question

Stu Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a '97 GTS Viper with 30K miles. Is it possible to get a n extended warranty if you are the third owner? If so, any reccomendations on who to call?

Thanks,
Stu :cool:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aftermarket, try 800-325-7484 Mechanical Breakdown Protection Inc. I have been try to get feedback from anyone that needed a warranty(they asked me about this company, I gave them this number). My renewal is coming up in June and woundering if they will. So if anybody get a positive or negative, please let me know. Thanks and good luck.

Mike

Stu Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the great information. I will give them a try.

Stu