Extreme Bikini Team Viper rolled 4 times.... :(

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My partner Steve had shipped his Y2k Viper down to Miami for a trip he made down there and then ended up loaning it to a friend who runs a high-end car rental agency for the winter.

Well, some Sheik rented it for four days over last weekend and ended up rolling the car FOUR times.... (Probably didnt even care that he lost his $20k deposit!)

... I hate when that happens ...

Calling Bob Woodhouse - we need a new car!

(I need to layoff the cold meds when going online! lol)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael -

Sorry to hear about the loss! I hope he gets more than $20K for it...

Now about your new Viper, wouldn't you rather buy it from a trusted source like Bob WOODHOUSE instead of the Watergate reporter Bob Woodward?
You must be registered for see images

Chris

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know there are probably those that would consider a four rolls with the Extreme team the best $20k they ever spent. Glad to hear you and the team are unscathed.

OP
OP
P

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Except I'm starting to think I'm jynxed - that is the second (of four) of our Vipers to get wrecked by someone else!

The horror!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHY would you loan your car to a high end rental agency? I'd also be concerned how you are getting a replacement - does the rental agency have insurance? Regular auto insurance only covers authorized drivers.

I guess the moral of the story is not to let others drive your car - your batting average is pretty bad. Hope no one was hurt. I'll bet a Yellow GTS would be a real head turner.....

Good luck with the new car.

OP
OP
P

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't very clear in my prior post - the first Viper to be totalled was done after I sold it to someone else. This one was my partner's car and he was tring an experiment to see if the car would generate some revenue during the months he couldnt use it (this is a business after all).

Each Spring we've picked up new Vipers for the team, but since we put money down on a 2003 we thought we'd skip this year (although we did get a 2001 Vette), so this just gives us a reason to check into a new model for 2001!

So, not to worry, my good friend Bill Pemberton is already on the case!