F16 Pilots

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was flying Continental today, and not ONE but TWO Vipers were in the flight magazine. Luxury Motors Ad (also at http://www.luxurymotors.com/) prominently displayed the Viper as the Crème de la Crème. Quite fitting methinks!!! I love to see the Viper displayed as the top dog amongst a bunch of BMWs, Porches, Lexus, etc.

But also, there was a two page article on the Viper. Very complimentary. "You pilot this race car with turn signals and brake lights...."

Article also stated that the early Viper was used with pilots to develop the F16. Anyone know if this is true?

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F-16's have been in the Air Force Inventory since the middle 70's. I think they are going to become the Air Force's next legacy airplane. N oplans get rid of them all yet, plus they are still making a few for the U.S. and foreign military sales.

Falconeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As mentioned above, the F-16 Viper has been in service for many years. As a matter of fact Denmark was the first country to buy this aircraft (even before the US) and recieved the first one in January 1980. So there is no way the Dodge Viper could have had any influence on the design.. Propably just a reporter who needed something to write in the article..

Erik

CANTDRIVE55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an FYI from a proud son.....

My father, rest-in-peace, lead the design team for the F16 as general manager of aerospace engineering, General Dynamics, Ft.Worth, TX. He also got a RIDE in one ! He designed from the B58 to the F16 and was also the president of the CAD/CAM society of America.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a current Structural Supervisor on these very jets for almost 15 years, I can attest to the strength and durability of the jet. You can be extremely proud of the work your pop did and what his successors are doing now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960