Factory Black Gen 2 Mats Anyone?

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got lucky and found a set of Cognac mats for my GTS. Not the easiest things to find, nor the least expensive. When I got them, I noticed a 'cut out' at the hatch handle where my previous mats were straight. Never even noticed the lack.

Anyway, this means my factory black mats (small embroidered logo) to fit a Gen 2 coupe or roadster are for sale here Message - ViperClub Classifieds

The price in the ad is not a typo. Best wishes.

OP
OP
A

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had 3 emails saying unable to open the ad. Not sure what that means, but it opens for me. (Because I'm the advertiser? Not sure.)

Everyone wanted to know condition and price. They're in great shape, very clean. Photos should be showing up soon. And the mats are FIFTY NINE dollars, yes $59. PM if interested. Thanks.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that the black mats for late model GTS ( with the cut-out for the hatch release handle) are part # 82205815 and are listed at $59 retail.

I just got lucky and found a set of Cognac mats for my GTS. Not the easiest things to find, nor the least expensive. When I got them, I noticed a 'cut out' at the hatch handle where my previous mats were straight. Never even noticed the lack.

Anyway, this means my factory black mats (small embroidered logo) to fit a Gen 2 coupe or roadster are for sale here Message - ViperClub Classifieds

The price in the ad is not a typo. Best wishes.

OP
OP
A

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that the black mats for late model GTS ( with the cut-out for the hatch release handle) are part # 82205815 and are listed at $59 retail.

Probably so for the late model. My Cognac mats were "unavailable". Just called my dealer who quoted for black Gen 2 mats, $109.75 before tax.

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how do you get your factory mats to stop curling up? My driver's mat ALWAYS starts to slip downward on the slanted/vertical portion of the footwell and bunches up underneath the gas pedal. It drives me crazy so I mostly do not drive with the drivers mat in place. I would like to however I haven't found the solution for this annoyance. anyone?

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use these, works great for me.

Product: Mat-Loc™ Clips Retention System

how do you get your factory mats to stop curling up? My driver's mat ALWAYS starts to slip downward on the slanted/vertical portion of the footwell and bunches up underneath the gas pedal. It drives me crazy so I mostly do not drive with the drivers mat in place. I would like to however I haven't found the solution for this annoyance. anyone?

OP
OP
A

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A few options -
1. If the nibs on your mats are worn, they won't hold and that's a bad sitution, BUT often its that the carpet underneath has flattened out (matted down) and the nibs have nothing to grab. Hard brushing/shampooing the carpeting under the mats helps a ton.

2. If the nibs are too worn, many have gotten drawer liner/no-skid carpet pads and glued them to the mats using 3M spray adhesive. This creates enough friction to hold very well. When dirty, they begin to slide again, so just dust 'em off.

3. If that's not good, SEW (don't glue) a strip of 'hook' sided velcro to your mats to grab the carpet better. Over time, this can shred the carpet underneath, but how often do you take them out?

4. A mechanical 'tie' comes with Lloyd's mats and others that attaches to your seat frame and then discreet metal 'jaws' clamp to your mats to hold them firmly. This is a SURE thing and they won't even creep. A guy on the Ferrari site (Ferrarichat) called "Birdman" sells 'mat grippers' for this exact purpose, but others may also.

This is a safety issue as well as a nuisance. Hope you get it corrected!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC