Factory installed radar detector volume

rdutko

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I purchased a 2004 SRT 10 with factory installed radar detection last fall. The device is constantly going off warning me of signal detection to the front or, to the rear. I've had detectors before and know that they pick up a lot of errant signals but, this one talks. It's loud as hell. Has anyone with this type of detector (don't know the brand) been able to control the volume of the device? I don't have an owners or manufacturers manual, so need advice from someone familiar with the device.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since when, did an automobile manufacturer start Installing radar detection devices???

RDUTKO,

It is a aftermarket item, not factory. I'm sure there must be a label on it somewhere.

OP
OP
R

rdutko

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The used car dealer that I bought it from in Bridgeville PA. told me that it was a factory option. Indicator lights for front and rear detection are installed on the dash left of the steering column and it looks really clean like it could have been installed at the factory. I just took his word for it that it was. Dummy me.
I only drove it for a week or so before storing it for the winter, so I haven't taken anything apart looking for the controls. I don't know the manufacturer.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember looking at those before I went with the V-1.

I don't recall brand names, but I thought they were outrageous pricewise. All the additional wiring throughout the car and the installation of the front/rear sensors and control unit make that type of detector more permanent.

There should be some kind of sensitivity adjustment for false alarms and volume control somewhere on it.
For what those systems cost, there must be a shut-up button on it to keep it quiet while you are deciding if you want to supersize your order of fries or not. -that thing going bezerk at a drivethrough would be a little upsetting to me.

labtec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a similar radar detector with laser in my 04, it was in the car when I bought it used. The red light is mounted downward from the top of the tach gauge, very clean and looks factory. The on/off indicator is in the lower left center console screw hole. Same problem, it was loud and set to most sensitive. If you dig around under the dash you should be able to location the control switch. I made a small metal bracket and mounted mine down on the lower dash support underneath on left side by door. It is out of sight but I can reach down and make adjustments if needed. Good hunting....on mine the switch was just taped to a wiring bundle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery