Factory Radio-Speakers

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The rear speakers in my '04 SRT-10 are barely audible.

Are they supposed to be like a regular car where the rears should sound as loud as the fronts?

I am bringing the car in for its first warranty service and want the radio to be right.

Since getting the car in June (6350 miles!), with the exception of a stiff driver's side door hinge, ONLY the radio had been defective and in need of warranty service.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure about Gen 3, but I never heard anything good about the systems in Gen 1 or 2's. I bought mine near bone stock (KN filters, & CD player/changer combo) and even the owner suggested I replace the stock speakers. I went with Sony Xplods in both the center console and the doors and they sound great. I am still using the factory amps, I have no complaints about them.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the system sticks, I swear they are out of a dodge neon. The system in my Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland is 10 times better at 1/3 the price. If DC can not install a world class sound system then they should leave it out and save weight.

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear speaker (just one) is a 6 inch sub I believe. The second speaker cover covers a hole for air flow for the sub. So there is just one speaker back there. Do a search on 'My sound system' and you can see what I did with mine. I think there is a bunch of info on their about speakers for an aftermarket sound system too. If you cant find what your looking for there, PM me with any questions.

Nico

OP
OP
S

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you're referring to the two 'fill' speakers near the hoops they aren't as loud.

Thanks for answering my question.

Does everyone out there agree? The rear speakers (two small ones near the headrest loops and the single bass one in the middle) volume level is about 1/5 that of the fronts.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The SRT-10 speaker system is as follows:

-Door Speakers: Full Range
-Subwoofer: Low Range
-Tweeters (Dash): High Range
-Fill Speakers: Mid Range

The Tweeters or Fill speakers are very small and will not be nearly as loud as the others.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the Polk speakers and am pretty happy. But with the exhaust sound the stereo will never be that good (I like the V10 orchestra more!).

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you Gr8. Why do we need a sound system when we have the Exhaust sound of the V10 orchestra to listen to. Sound systems are for vettes.