fair price for my car

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Depends on your motivation. I think $55k would sell the car considering the color, low mi and warranty. If you want to get a higher amount and have the time and patience to wait it out you could go for $57-58k but $55k would probably sell it sometime soon. JMHO.

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I agree with Mr. Levin. Also, I thought I read in another thread that the Maxcare warranty is NOT transferrable...Just wanted to throw that out there for you to verify.

Good luck with the sale!

seoross

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just my two cents, but I would tend to agree with what the others have said. About a month ago, I bought the #003 FE GTS with only 650 miles on it for just about what you're asking for your car in your ad. Nothing against your car, mind you--in fact, it looks fantastic--but it seems to me that the FEs command a fair premium over non-FE GTS coupes. Obviously you also have a fair number of attractive mods, but I still don't see that fact pushing the price much past $55-58k.

By the way, for what it's worth, I also live in and bought my car here in San Diego.

Anyway, good luck. I hope you find the deal you're looking for...

seo

OP
OP
S

ssssssnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Looks like my new asking price is $56,000 I spoke to Chuck Tator and the only warranty that is transferable, and only once from the orig owner is the max-care 7 year 100,000 mile warranty.

Hey Seoross gotta love SD!

Mark

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My MaxCare warranty is a 5 year and it clearly states that it can be transferred once.
BTW- $65K is high in this market, $56 is a good asking price and is worth every penny - good luck.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to update your price in the price field of your add. It still says $62K.

If it helps you gauge the market any, I paid $65k for my '01 Bumblebee ACR w/ 7900 miles on the odo, from a (non-dodge) dealer 4 months ago.

Copernicus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would list for $58k and accept a range between that and the $56k. The other thing that I would suggest is removing the mods and selling separately. Collectively, they add very little to the value, but taken off, you could easily recover the $62k you are asking.