Fair price on '04 SRT-10 with 30k miles ?

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I assume car has the 7/70 powertrain warranty assuming it is a one-owner car. Condition from pics seems good. What is a reasonable offer assuming it looks good in person? Build date was 12-03. Car is completely stock. Color is black.

David

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last year about this time I bought a '03 one owner viper in MINT condition w/26k miles on it for $40,500. So I would give at most $40k for the one you're looking at. Just my .02

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year about this time I bought a '03 one owner viper in MINT condition w/26k miles on it for $40,500. So I would give at most $40k for the one you're looking at. Just my .02

You got on hell of a deal i just paid 43k for a 03 and blue book is 55k

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OUfan made a lot of low ball offers... he called me at least 2-3 times...more power to him...

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OUfan made a lot of low ball offers... he called me at least 2-3 times...more power to him...

honestly...yes I did. But the way I look at it, make an offer you're willing to back up to 30 different cars, eventually one may bite! But some that say yes say yes for a reason. There were several I went to look at out of state that were garbage. But for me, traveling to look at them is half the fun, especially when you have more flyer miles than you could ever use in a lifetime! I never try to be disrespectful about it, I just tell people what the car is worth to me. I get good feedback for the most part.

KingSRT001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow last year?? finding it hard to believe especially if its a clean title car...

Last edited:

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i believe it for 2 reasons ... oufan appeared to be a straight up guy just trying to get the best deal he could... Also i know from experience in trying to sell an 03 that most buyers prefer a newer model(04 or 05) with absolutely no particular reason other than they felt more comfortable buying an 04 or 05..a lot of buyers just exclude 03 models from their search....Also the car that oufan bought may not have any mods... i sold mine for 50k a year ago but it had corsa,cats,dcperformance computer,clear bra and chromed rims....

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just paid $56k for an 04 Mamba with 2400 miles, so I would guess somewhere around $47k...blue book puts them around $49k for low mileage.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need to know the mileage for an accurate assumption but based on an 2004 with moderate miles (under 15K), I would say high $40s is where you should purchase. $50 - $52K is the cut off and that is at the higher end, probably under 5000 miles in MINT condition. Problem with the 2003, 2004, and 2005 models is that with over 10K miles in a normal color like red, black, or silver, the prices start to get VERY close to eachother; especially like a 2003 vs. 2004 or 2004 vs. 2005. Of course there is a notable difference in pricing from 2003 vs. a 2005 but even that is not as much as you would think.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say 45k would be a good price for that at 30,000 miles. Last year I paid 51k for mine that had 2800 miles.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a couple gentleman stated above, we sell the vipers to cheap. On the other hand, alot of those being sold fairly cheap have hidden/undisclosed problems.

VIPER 2006

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After reading these forums for over a year you almost dont even want to take the car cover of your viper being that it will depreciate even more.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares if it depreciates. I bought my viper to use it and will never get rid of it, but thats just me. If it depreciates, so be it. I will get the enjoyment out of it which is the reason for buying it in the first place. Vipers are selling for what the market is allowing them to. Yeah if someone wants to get rid of one fast, as in they need the money fast they are going to accept a lower offer. With the way the market is right now, its the perfect time to find a good deal on a viper. Especially the way gas prices are, its just the sad truth. I just scored a killer deal on a 2006 Mercedes SLK350 Perfect condition for about 5k less than what I expected to pay. You just need to search around and you will find a killer deal.

Blainne

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sadely if your selling a VIPER your car is under more scrutiny with higher miles compared with other cars. If it was a 04 Civic with 30k miles it would be considered average or low miles, but as a VIPER 30k miles is considered HIGH miles. So your gonna be low balled compared to what the Blue book says and gonna be rough to sell. With the market so FULL of Viper with mileage around 15k miles or less selling under 45k it gonna be hard to sell it for more than 43k. Options such as Mamba edition, rare color, or mods can increase the price greatly.

Heres some examples from Autotrader.com as of today.

03 Viper 25k miles 43k Black
04 Viper 17k miles 47k Black
04 Viper 24k miles 46k Black
03 Viper 11k miles 47k Silver
04 Viper 19k miles 47k Silver
03 Viper 9k miles 48k Red

I've been watching the Viper market the last month since I plan on buying one at the end of August after I get back from school.

Remember your car is only worth what one person is willing to pay for it.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
It's not only Vipers taking a huge hit on depreciation - all high end cars and SUV's are getting hit real hard. I was debating on trading in my '04 Rover and walked out shaking my head at what they were willing to give me. Still trying to decide if I drive it into the ground or just take the beating.

That being said - no matter what the hit you take an putting miles on your Viper - it's worth every penny. NOTHING puts a smile on your face like seat time in a Viper.

VIPER 2006

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with Blainne so lets all drive these machines that is what they were ment to do. Put miles on these rare breed of cars and smile and smell the rubber.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not only Vipers taking a huge hit on depreciation - all high end cars and SUV's are getting hit real hard. I was debating on trading in my '04 Rover and walked out shaking my head at what they were willing to give me. Still trying to decide if I drive it into the ground or just take the beating.

That being said - no matter what the hit you take an putting miles on your Viper - it's worth every penny. NOTHING puts a smile on your face like seat time in a Viper.

Yeah SUVs are in the toilet. The ones hit hardest are the Range Rovers, Escalades, Expeditions, and SRT8s.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I loved my Vipers but am glad I made the switch when I did. The Ford GT is holding it's value very well and actually has gone up in price during our economic hardships. Who knows if this will continue though.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just paid $56k for an 04 Mamba with 2400 miles, so I would guess somewhere around $47k...blue book puts them around $49k for low mileage.

Mambas bring a premium, and always will.. Red and Silver SRT's are the softest colors, with regard to resale value. Considering this car is black. It should bring more than red, but a little less than Mamba money

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang