Fast N Furious!

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just wondering if any of you will be roaming around in your snakes this weekend. You know the ricers will be out and about providing some good entertainment. Keep your cameras on and watch out for the Police.

A few buddies and I are going to be caravaning together to go see the movie Sunday in Blackhawk CA. If anyone is interested, PM me.

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from seeing it. What an awesome movie! Stay after the credits for a surprise.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I worked on it for a few days, it was a huge production. I will go and see it this weekend.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw it last night on the IMAX and IMO very good action movie :2tu: pleasantly surprised...To repeat 72Hemi remember to stay after the credits

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always stay during the credits but when almost all people have left their seats the projector is shut down :(

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just wondering if any of you will be roaming around in your snakes this weekend. You know the ricers will be out and about providing some good entertainment. Keep your cameras on and watch out for the Police.

A few buddies and I are going to be caravaning together to go see the movie Sunday in Blackhawk CA. If anyone is interested, PM me.

Went out to dinner last night next to the movie theaters...you're right, I've never seen that many ricer cars in the parking lot at one time. Was going to see it tonight but the wife just ordered the UFC fights so maybe tomorrow.

Cheers,
George

viperracer77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw it last night and loved it. But for anyone going to see it take your car because your going to want to drive when you get out of it. And what happened after the credits we let to early and didn't see.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not post the info on the credits till folks have a chance to see it. No need for a spoiler alert the day after it is released. The newer shows do not have as many ricer vehicles as the 1st 3 either. Old Vettes, Ford GT and new Chargers are not Ricer vehicles.

Bruce

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This movie was the best out of the 5 hands down. Would have been nice if Vin Diesel rolled up in an ACR at the end of the movie instead of the new challenger!

Wezbad1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well be out at the halfmoon bay airport Sunday..Dream machine show. Maybe I'll seeya on the road:2tu:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes this was the best one yet by a long shot. Crazy stunts and much less computer animated B.S. ricer nitrous coursing through pipes crap. A definite must see, with less street racer and much more action. Photography and location choices were great!:2tu:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt read through all the posts, but I'll just cut and paste what I posted on Face book about the movie:

Fast Five.. WOW !! No doubt the most action packed car chase movie if not movie period that I seen in a long time, if ever. I sat there amazed at what I was watching. Forget The French Connection or Bullit, those movies can't even scratch the surface ! Go see this movie and see it in IMAX !

Not even the chase scenes in any of the Terminator movies can compare to this.

And the twist in the movie, although going on right in front of my eyes, was a surprise as I was thinking in a whole other direction.

OP
OP
G

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im a big action movie buff and this one certainly delivered solid action from start to finish. However, I have 1 gripe. The Fast N Furious Franchise is supposed to have a streetracing backdrop with 1 or 2 great races with real cars in it. This one didnt really have anything to do with streetracing. As the sequels progress, the franchise has evolved more into a heist, escapist action movie rather then streetracing.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im a big action movie buff and this one certainly delivered solid action from start to finish. However, I have 1 gripe. The Fast N Furious Franchise is supposed to have a streetracing backdrop with 1 or 2 great races with real cars in it. This one didnt really have anything to do with streetracing. As the sequels progress, the franchise has evolved more into a heist, escapist action movie rather then streetracing.

The closest thing to real street racing is a movie from the early 70's called "Two Lane Blacktop". Real street racing is about the hustle, as in pool or poker. Most non street racers will hate this movie, but anyone who was seriously into it will get it. A cult classic for sure.

Last edited:

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two Lane Blacktop is an awesome movie!

I agree though that this Fast and the Furious movie was lacking in the race area. I think they should have shown the race between the 70 Charger and the GT3 RS Porsche. Maybe it will be on the DVD as an extended cut.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too much computer generated crap from the previews so its a no go. Dont want to hear the word "Bro" dozens of times either. Will watch Le Mans again with Steve McQueen or Grand Prix.:eater:

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is probably less CG stuff in the movie then you probably think. The majority of the vault chase scene was filmed live, I watched a special behind the scenes show on the movie and they should some of the filming of that scene and talked about how they did it live.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The closest thing to real street racing is a movie from the early 70's called "Two Lane Blacktop". Real street racing is about the hustle, as in pool or poker. Most non street racers will hate this movie, but anyone who was seriously into it will get it. A cult classic for sure.

Trivia info: Rob Zombie made a song with the same title that is supposed to be based off of this movie, which was featured in the game Need For Speed: Underground and later in a movie with the title Venom.. hey I made that sound like I am onto something :eater:

kyleblix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I was not planning on going anywhere near this movie, but after all the positive reviews on this site I may have to reconsider.

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fast action, physics defying antics, a flurry of hot cars, and a pretty good plot. Yep I enjoyed every minute of it.

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I worked on it for a few days, it was a huge production. I will go and see it this weekend.

Very cool!

I'm looking forward to seeing it this weekend too.

I have to laugh at the reviews... if you're going to see these movies for 100% realism you need an examination. :lmao: If you are going to have some fun, that's what they are for.

I always watch the F&F reruns on TV, except the 3rd one :crazy2:

I always enjoy when they hit 110mph and the lights go into time warp LOL. That never seems to happen to me at 110, I guess I'm not doing it right :lmao:

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very cool!

I'm looking forward to seeing it this weekend too.

I have to laugh at the reviews... if you're going to see these movies for 100% realism you need an examination. :lmao: If you are going to have some fun, that's what they are for.

I always watch the F&F reruns on TV, except the 3rd one :crazy2:

I always enjoy when they hit 110mph and the lights go into time warp LOL. That never seems to happen to me at 110, I guess I'm not doing it right :lmao:

It only happens when you use NOS. And no, not just nitrous, it has to be a NOS brand set up. It isn't about going 110 mph, it is about how fast you go up to 110 mph which causes the effects, and this can only be done with NOS.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This has got me thinking. I want to start a list that includes all of the movies ever made which features car chase/race scenes. I have started a collection of DVD's for this genre. I didn't find a thread with this info but I also can't believe it hasn't been done yet. So if I start a new thread and one exists I know plumcrazy will waltz in and hammer me over the head with his "Search feature" lecture ;):lmao:

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It only happens when you use NOS. And no, not just nitrous, it has to be a NOS brand set up. It isn't about going 110 mph, it is about how fast you go up to 110 mph which causes the effects, and this can only be done with NOS.

:lmao:

And of course NOS is pronounced NAWSSSS :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960