Fayetteville Drag Strip 1/9/2004 I AM CALLING OUT ALL THE COMB OVERS!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok,

All you local Viper owners in the Cary, Raleigh, Morisville, RTP, Apex area, bring your *** out to Fayetteville Drag Strip this Sunday.

A group (caravan) of us will be leaving from my house around 12 noon.

All others we will meet at exit 312 on highway 40 at the Burger King/Gas Station.

I promise to try and beat all yer ***'s at the track !! :-D

I know all you Road Course posers like Henry C., Randy C., Stewart and Kenny H, dont have the balls to tangle with me in a straigh line :-D

So it looks like its going to be all the YOUNG Viper GUYS who will actually man up this sunday !!

See the real men on Sunday !!

Ps. If anyone needs my cell phone just pm me ...

Pss. Cost is $8 to enter and $8 to drag it out.. :-D

Later !!

Jon

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a great time today running with some of the local Viper boys. Ran a best of 11.4 @130 mph on Nitto Drag radials that were slipping all the way into 3rd gear. I also had very poor 60 ft times along with granny shifting all the way. I think with a little practice (+slicks), I might be able to crack into the high 10's. BTW lunch at the airport ******* on Thursday for those interested. We have developed a little fan club there. ;) The girls are much better looking than the Raleigh location. :2tu: Thanks for the tips Jon.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a blast, and if you didnt start nailing down those times, I would have walked away viper king for the day.. but the trophy is yours, great job !!

I pulled a 11.54 @ 124 mph, on oem 335 pilot sport STREET tires :-D

Needless to say, I was extremely happy.

Best part of it all, is I got to meet 4 really great guys (which include 3 Viper owners). Any time you guys want to get together, definetly give me a shout.

PS. You're welcome for the tips, looks like you sure were getting the hang of it. More practice is going to get you LOWWWWWWWWWWWWW in the 11's on every run and kicking the door in on the 10's during the perfect ones.

Jon

2003silvervette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also had a good time today, it was nice meeting you guys.. i was a little upset that jon drove my car to a 11.87 at 120 last month and i only could get a best of 12.0 at 123, with the 100 shot... but i did get a best NA time of 12.59 at 113 i am still comming after you jon :) i need the 150 shot and then we can dance lol

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also had a good time today, it was nice meeting you guys.. i was a little upset that jon drove my car to a 11.87 at 120 last month and i only could get a best of 12.0 at 123... i am still comming after you jon :) i need the 150 shot and then we can dance lol

Bring it..... :D :2tu:

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I am a comb over member but, you young guys have a hard time remembering what year this is. You called us combover guys out to an event a year too late. (title of your post is..."2004")

Oh well I saw the post too late and I live to far away, see, us combover guys can't stay up too late we eat early bird dinners and are in bed by eight thirty.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I am a comb over member but, you young guys have a hard time remembering what year this is. You called us combover guys out to an event a year too late. (title of your post is..."2004")

Oh well I saw the post too late and I live to far away, see, us combover guys can't stay up too late we eat early bird dinners and are in bed by eight thirty.

hahah.. you are 100% correct.. good catch !!

I'm not only a comb-over, I'm also a client :D

YELL03

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2002 viper gts acr -

I responded to your other post, I wasn't that far off on my guesstimates of your et and traps.

How were your 60' and 1/8 times and mpg.

How did your car feel on the 1-2 shift and the 2-3 shift on the track.

My car was very tought to keep straight on the 1-2 and often spun the 2-3, *** that is with me grannyshifting.

Congtas on the awesome time.

Howard

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2002 viper gts acr -

I responded to your other post, I wasn't that far off on my guesstimates of your et and traps.

How were your 60' and 1/8 times and mpg.

How did your car feel on the 1-2 shift and the 2-3 shift on the track.

My car was very tought to keep straight on the 1-2 and often spun the 2-3, *** that is with me grannyshifting.

Congtas on the awesome time.

Howard

Here you go:

[email protected] on OEM 335/Pilot sport Radials
1.8698 60 Foot

[email protected] on OEM 335/Pilot sport Radials
1.8690 60 Foot (This was my very next run, which also was my "back up run", to prove the 1st wasn't a fluke )

Also had a (2)11.60's, (2)11.70's and my worst one was an (1)11.90's

Total of 7 passes done.

1-2 Shifts felt great, stayed planted, didnt slip but for a HAIR(.005) second on that shift.
2-3 Shift felt great, stayed planted, didnt slip at all.

Never Granny shifted $hit, as thats a total waste of ET if your trying to pull a mad time. I drove my car, like its existance depended on it :)

Jon

YELL03

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How did you stay planted, my car granny shifting goes sideways on the 1-2 and I've always had to lift a bit due to wheelhop.

I guess I'm afraid of breaking my sh-t, I should just go balls out.

Howard

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you stay planted, my car granny shifting goes sideways on the 1-2 and I've always had to lift a bit due to wheelhop.

I guess I'm afraid of breaking my sh-t, I should just go balls out.

Howard

Ahhhh....

Dead give-a-way, your not doing a good enough burn out. Get in the water box, start spinning the tires, while spinning the tires, move out of the water box, keep spinning the tires, until you see some decent smoke coming off them, and then roll forward. (anything more then that is just show boating, and just not worth it, and is going to heat up your engine.)

Wheel hop is a dead give away of a bad burn out, or too high of an RPM launch off the line.

-Jon

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a blast as well. and was proud of my measly 12.3 @119 for a car i am still learning to drive(only had it 3 weeks)

jon put up some good #'s, its a shame hes not as modest as he is fast! lol

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a blast as well. and was proud of my measly 12.3 @119 for a car i am still learning to drive(only had it 3 weeks)

jon put up some good #'s, its a shame hes not as modest as he is fast! lol

Modesty has never been a strength of mine... hopefully we all take it as the competive playfull nature it really is...

If not.. its because you are all haters.. lol.. j/k

Jon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery