feedback on GTS for sale.

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have found a 99 GTS red no stripes with 10K miles.

The car has a borla exhaust from the cats back, new rear tires with 0 miles, aftermarket CD, smooth tubes and roe filter.

One wheel has very slight scuff, the typical front end spoiler scuffs.Other than that the owner claims the car is "like new" inside and out.

Also included is a transferrable warranty to 50K miles

carfax is clean and the pics look good. He is the second owner.

Now the seller is only 23 (a bit concerned about that) but when I talked with him he seemed very mature and not a "spaz" by any means.

What would you offer the guy?

Additional thoughts?

OP
OP
T

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He got it back in spring of 2001 from what I remember with 3K miles on it. I think 48K maybe 47K would be something I would take seriously. what also gets me is he tried to sell it on ebay for 50K (no reserve) with no takers and when I talked with him he wanted 53K. I almost hung up on the guy at that point but I was respectful and heard him out.

Will deff. have the car inspected if I go for it.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toby -

Get a warranty for the car if it does not have one, and have a tech check it out. With the low miles, and a warranty on the car, you should be fine.

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
21 with a Viper? Thank God I never had one that young. I would have had every STD known to man. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bitten:
If it were me, i would offer around $53-54k. To some this might sound low, others it might sound a bit high...all i know is i got my '99 GTS for a lot less with quite a bit fewer miles on it...it's almost becoming a buyer's market, but most seller's seem to want in the 50's for a '99.

As for him being 23, don't get too stereotypical, as you said he seems well grounded. I am only 21 and i drive the car like a girl, rarely ever get into it and baby it constantly..most people think that because we are young, we are wild....well they should see my dad in his Corvette, talk about a wild driver.

I would just be concerned with why he is selling it...it sounds like he has not been the owner for that long. But being that young he has probably just come to realize it's going to be a struggle to maintain a car like the Viper.

If you're ever in the Columbus area, drop me a line
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OP
OP
T

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vipernate:
Toby -

Get a warranty for the car if it does not have one, and have a tech check it out. With the low miles, and a warranty on the car, you should be fine.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It does include a extended warranty.

Thanks!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Keep in mind, if he is the second owner,if he did not purchase the serv.contract himself, it is not transferable the second time.

His price is fair for one with good shape , with a service contract,and keep in mind if a Viper appears really cheap, there is usually a reason.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by garolittle:
I would offer $47,000 but would not go any higher than $49,000. Good luck.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree!!
yesnod.gif
yesnod.gif

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My concern on this car is the fact that the rear tires have been replaced. My OEM tires ('96 GTS) have significant tread left after 10,000 miles and the rears look the same as the fronts. I do not do burnouts and have never had these tires at the drag strip. My guess is that this car had an aggressive driver and/or visited the drag strip more than once. Do you have service records on it? Sometimes it's possible to find out who the original owner was (I've done it before with the help of a dealer). He/she might be able to give you some helpful history.

Good luck
Bob K