Ferrari 355 or GTS

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This would be a good time to add a 50hp shot of NOS just for good measure. Don't hit the button until you hook up though.

50 shot?! Hell add a 200 shot! Pay to install the system, and have a G left over after you MOST DEFINITELY win! I don't know if there has EVER been a 355 that could hang with that!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
please take his $$, I had a similar exchange with a cocky 360 owner at a club last week. "yeah your car is faster straight line, but my car will kill you on the turns" I told his a## to bring it,even invited him to join me and my friends at Watkins Glenn, but he declined go figure :rolleyes:

OP
OP
S

SMCBUILDERSINC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ferraris are great cars and they sure are beautiful but why are some of the owners of these cars such ***holes. Maybe it happens once you title the car in your name, kind of like a spell that is cast over you that makes you an ***hole to others. Theres no need for this. Time to regulate.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, but Corvette and Viper owners often get the same reputation.
It's usually just a couple arrogant jerks with BIG egos, when the bulk of the owners are really cool car-guys just like we are. :laugh:

But it's much more fun to put the big ego, big mouth guys in their place when they start talking crap.

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy is full of it. If his car is a '97/'98, it would be worth $75-$85k. There is no way he could run with a stock Viper(genII), unless his car was turboed. My 550 runs 12.30's@118 and makes more power than a 355.
SW
And yes, there are a few people who modify their Ferraris..

You must be registered for see images

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's one beautiful black 550 SW! Very pretty indeed.

as for Viper vs 355 - no competition. Even the meanest raging bull 355 will get brought down by the fangs of the deadly Viper :)

Tommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even the meanest raging bull 355 will get brought down by the fangs of the deadly Viper :)

I thought it was a prancing horse. The Lamborghini is the bull.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ferraris are great cars and they sure are beautiful but why are some of the owners of these cars such ***holes. Maybe it happens once you title the car in your name, kind of like a spell that is cast over you that makes you an ***hole to others. Theres no need for this. Time to regulate.

When you run him, you need to have a video camera for the expression on his face when you open the V-10 can of Whoop-A$$ for the ghetto a$$whipping that is about to ruin his life until he can buy something that can beat you! I guarantee his expression will be priceless!

=>P.S. tell him the best plate for the Viper yet isn't ENZO WHO for nothing!

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't you just ask him what he's got? Make it part of the deal. Full disclosure; tell him what you've got & ask him if he's really sure he wants some. If he says yes, then ask what he has. Broke deal if he's hiding anything. You'll know he was hiding mods if he beats you, right?

Sounds simple enough to me.

mjguflaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in for a $100 and I'm with BackNBlack. I ran a 355 when my car was bone stock from a roll (closed track of course) ;) . No contest. By the end of 4th he'll be a speck in the rearview. As others pointed out too, that engine is highly stressed from the factory and extremely expensive to mod. Chances are he has a Tubi exhaust and that's it. Short of a Koenig twin turbo or something you should pummel him. Be sure to get it on video.