Ferrari F40 vs. Viper

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

The Gateway Viper Club attended (invaded) an event hosted by the local Ferrari Club recently at Gateway Raceway in St. Louis.

The F40 in this photo drew a lot of attention from the Ferrari members but was soon humbled by the Vipers.

It took the F40 driver a few laps to realize that the reason I was flashing my lights was so he would give me a "point by" (required at this event).

I must say it was an awesome sounding car though. Complete with flames on his downshifts and whine from his pop-off valve.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give a link to the page and not pic. This is what I get.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /storage/1/v3/4/88/81/56148881BHYaqp_ph.jpg on this server

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I see the pic now. F40 staged in front, followed by yellow GTS, red/white GTS, and a red RT-10. The F40 must have sounded awesome.

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If only it was the F40 in the last car mag I saw that had the license VIPRETR. Love those Ferrari guys, great imaginations
wink.gif

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ferrari Club had a nice showing there that day. They had 14 cars total, from an old 308 to a new Modena. The F-40 was definitely the best sounding Ferrari there. In the pits though, the Vipers got just as much attention from the spectators.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um, I never could find the photo on that site anywhere. I did see some pictures of Serena having a baby that will give me nightmares though.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The F40 is probable the baddest street ferrari ever, but VERRRRY difficult to drive fast. When the turbo's kick in all hell breaks loose, has to be one of the wildest cars i have ever driven. I am surprised to even see one on the track.Most of them are under glass.(like most ferrari club members) One of the guys from NY who has one also has a 333sp Imsa car that has never been raced. He uses them for track events only, He brings a trailer of them down to road atlanta once or twice a year. he's dog slow,.... but he just dont care!

The F40 was introduced in 1988 & stock did low 12's in the 1/4 & 204mph or so top speed without computer upgrades. Easily 200 + HP available with turbo mods. These cars were so stought that when I went to lemans in 96, they were still being raced with good results in the FIA 8 years later, sort of like an Italian Viper gts R , They got it right the first time.

Guibo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul Fischer:
If only it was the F40 in the last car mag I saw that had the license VIPRETR. Love those Ferrari guys, great imaginations
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that was an interesting plate. I wonder what Mr. Mumford would have to say about it. Repeat of VPRKLR, I suppose?
laugh.gif

You must be registered for see images

Might have a problem with that orange car, though.

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Guibo on 11-28-2002 at 03:30 PM</font>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960