Fiat-Chrysler Buyout

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
news link
Fiat SpA Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne said the Italian automaker would like to see the minority holder of U.S. affiliate Chrysler Group LLC sell out as soon as possible."The faster we do it, the better it is. It's up to them," he said, referring to a United Auto Workers union retiree healthcare trust called VEBA that owns 41 percent of Chrysler.

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I for one would like to see Chrysler go public. Instead of Fiat buying out the remaining shares. If Fiat buys the remaining shares from VEBA this would cause Chrysler to be 100% owned by a foreign company. I have nothing personal against Fiat, but I'd like to keep things in house. Besides...If Chrysler goes public, it will be able raise the Capitol it needs to pay off the benefits for UAW workers. This will also allow Americans to buy stock in the company ( an investment in US economic growth ). Plus this keeps the balance of power at bay... by holding Sergio accountable to American stock holders instead leaving complete control of Chrysler in Fiat's hands.....like I said...I have nothing personal against Fiat. But Chrysler is an American Company so American interests need to be considered running the company.........just my 1.5 cents.. :)

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This really makes me question all the flag waiving and cheering for the new Gen V. Fact is that with this buy out we are really loosing another All American car. I am a car guy and appreciate all great cars no matter what part of the world they are made in but to loose the Viper, one that has always been American to the very core, to a foreign company....well that just plain *****.

Matt