Final? 2006 production numbers

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
901 Vipers. I'm not sure of the mix. Production stopped.

1640 for the Ford GT. production stopped.

34,443 so far for the Vette and still going.....and going.....and going

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure where the numbers are coming from , but the approx. run of Snakes was around 1525 for the US. This is both Coupes and Verts, with about a 2 to 1 ratio of Coupes over the ******* wonders.

Haven't heard the numbers for prototypes, Canadian cars, etc., so who knows for sure what the final number is , but would suspect in the low 1600s.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
901 Vipers. I'm not sure of the mix. Production stopped.

1640 for the Ford GT. production stopped.

34,443 so far for the Vette and still going.....and going.....and going

Suprising but more suprising that the Ford GT numbers are so high. I thought they were a lot lower then that??? This is the GT 40 right ? Like this http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=1263911&adid=5621895

The only reason I am asking is because I'm thinkig of getting one........

Patrick

OP
OP
V

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The source is Automotive News. The dates are Jan 1 2006 to today. So yes, by model year they will be different. I was just comparing the numbers of each car with the totals built this calendar year.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wormdoggy,

Be carefull buying a Ford GT. I am sure you know there have been a ton of recalls on them including broken control arms. I too wanted to buy one but have shyed away untill all these recalls have been sorted out and the price comes down.

Buy the way there is a dealer in San Francisco, CA that has 5 of them on his lot as of a few months ago and he wanted MSRP for them.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Probably better term should have been pre-production mules. I know for instance that there was a Red/Silver striped Coupe with 5 spokes built and shown at some shows ,etc., but whether this car was an actual production model or a pre-production model it is always hard to tell. Some will be crushed and never make the mix, others are part of the big picture and will count in the numbers. So prototype was the inappropriate verbage and you were right to correct my semantics.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wormdoggy,

Be carefull buying a Ford GT. I am sure you know there have been a ton of recalls on them including broken control arms. I too wanted to buy one but have shyed away untill all these recalls have been sorted out and the price comes down.

Buy the way there is a dealer in San Francisco, CA that has 5 of them on his lot as of a few months ago and he wanted MSRP for them.

Your complete lack of relevant information astounds me. The ford GTs had those recalls corrected about a year and 1/2 ago. Welcome to 2005. They only affected early production 2005 cars, later production 2005 cars and all 2006 cars do NOT have those issues. My god you are a *****, or got stuck in time a year and 1/2 ago. The prices have come down to almost invoice now, so I wouldn’t expect much more of a drop then that. The total numbers for the ford gts are something at or just under 4000, so for 2 years, they made them almost as much as vipers, BUT ITS ONLY FOR 2 YEARS. The cars are done, so there will only ever be ~4000 Ford GT's in the world. (even less as number have gotten wrecked beyond repair).

Still think Robbie should know his facts before speaking, but its obviously not going to occur.

Jon

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wormdoggy,

Your complete lack of relevant information astounds me. The ford GTs had those recalls corrected about a year and 1/2 ago. Welcome to 2005. They only affected early production 2005 cars, later production 2005 cars and all 2006 cars do NOT have those issues. My god you are a *****, or got stuck in time a year and 1/2 ago. The prices have come down to almost invoice now, so I wouldn’t expect much more of a drop then that. The total numbers for the ford gts are something at or just under 4000, so for 2 years, they made them almost as much as vipers, BUT ITS ONLY FOR 2 YEARS. The cars are done, so there will only ever be ~4000 Ford GT's in the world. (even less as number have gotten wrecked beyond repair).

Still think Robbie should know his facts before speaking, but its obviously not going to occur.

Jon

Thanks for the information and sorry to steal your thread. I did not mean this to be a confrontation question, just curious about the vehicle. And I was aware of the stop to production. Great investment in my opinion because of the limited numbers , but again I'm just getting into information on the vehicle. Why are the prices dropping if they are so rare?

Question is would you get rid of the Viper for the GT?

Thanks to all
Patrick

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the information and sorry to steal your thread. I did not mean this to be a confrontation question, just curious about the vehicle. And I was aware of the stop to production. Great investment in my opinion because of the limited numbers , but again I'm just getting into information on the vehicle. Why are the prices dropping if they are so rare?

Question is would you get rid of the Viper for the GT?

Thanks to all
Patrick

As Jon stated...production has ended, and you can in fact get a decent deal at this moment. However, since production ended 45 days ago...the prices have increased about 6%. They were close to invoice if you shopped them a little, now you would be hard pressed to find any of the popular colors at that #. And as Jon said...4000 and there ain't no more.....ever.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
4000 units is not a limited number!

Well...yeah it is, in this case. A "limited number" means just that. A set amount and there will be no more...ever. 4000 for 2 years....Viper like production. 4000 for ever....fairly small number. Unless you compare it to an Enzo, Zonda, Konigsegg, or the likes of these type of miniscule production numbers. Even the current Lambo offerings will exceed the 4000 number..each.

"Question is would you get rid of the Viper for the GT?

Thanks to all
Patrick"

I can answer only for myself Patrick. If given the choice of an FGT in the garage, or 2 Vipers...the Snakes are there. If told I can have an FGT or a Viper...the FGT is there. (might sell it later and get 2 Vipers!!) If the Viper can be a TT with internals......to close to call.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well...yeah it is, in this case. A "limited number" means just that. A set amount and there will be no more...ever. 4000 for 2 years....Viper like production. 4000 for ever....fairly small number. Unless you compare it to an Enzo, Zonda, Konigsegg, or the likes of these type of miniscule production numbers. Even the current Lambo offerings will exceed the 4000 number..each.

Thanks to all
Patrick"

I can answer only for myself Patrick. If given the choice of an FGT in the garage, or 2 Vipers...the Snakes are there. If told I can only have an FGT or a Viper...the FGT is there. (might sell it later and get 2 Vipers!!)

Viper would you mind comparing the two? Whats your overall opinion on the car vs. the Viper?
Maybe this should be a new thread?

Patrick

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks to all
Patrick"

I can answer only for myself Patrick. If given the choice of an FGT in the garage, or 2 Vipers...the Snakes are there. If told I can only have an FGT or a Viper...the FGT is there. (might sell it later and get 2 Vipers!!)

Viper would you mind comparing the two? Whats your overall opinion on the car vs. the Viper?
Maybe this should be a new thread?

Patrick

You might be right. A new thread maybe. Would be glad to give you my opinions.

If you haven't gone here before..check out this site. 95% owners, many have Vipers as well. http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/?gclid=CIubw5Wvq4cCFQr3PgodBWlN7Q

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
www.fordgtforum.com

I have my thoughts on the increase in pricing, but that was probably a temporary scare, the fact is, a TON of those ford GT's are unsold. So the sales people might be able to tout how production just ended and no more. .and blah blah blah, but in 3 months, lets check those prices again, bet they are rock bottom.

I am more then happy to answer the question of a ford gt over a viper. Stock for stock, ford GT wins, and I would pick it, IF it was the same price. Problem is you pay a premium, a really big one, for a car that only marginally beat a viper. So as far as rareity went, I'd say an 06 Coupe Viper is more rare then a an 06 Ford GT. But a Ford GT over all is always going to be more rare then "those vipers" since Vipers have been produced for the last 13+ years.

Sorry to follow along with the hijack, and I got passionate about it, because damn Robbie was spilling out BS as usual about something he knows very little about. The Ford GT is an amazing car, stock for stock I would take one over my new 06 Viper, and I would even take one over my S/C Viper, BUT at under 100k (New S/C Viper) vs a stock Ford GT 150k, I'd take the viper, its just more practical for the SAME amount of performance giggles. :)

Jon

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
www.fordgtforum.com

I have my thoughts on the increase in pricing, but that was probably a temporary scare, the fact is, a TON of those ford GT's are unsold. So the sales people might be able to tout how production just ended and no more. .and blah blah blah, but in 3 months, lets check those prices again, bet they are rock bottom.

I am more then happy to answer the question of a ford gt over a viper. Stock for stock, ford GT wins, and I would pick it, IF it was the same price. Problem is you pay a premium, a really big one, for a car that only marginally beat a viper. So as far as rareity went, I'd say an 06 Coupe Viper is more rare then a an 06 Ford GT. But a Ford GT over all is always going to be more rare then "those vipers" since Vipers have been produced for the last 13+ years.

Sorry to follow along with the hijack, and I got passionate about it, because damn Robbie was spilling out BS as usual about something he knows very little about. The Ford GT is an amazing car, stock for stock I would take one over my new 06 Viper, and I would even take one over my S/C Viper, BUT at under 100k (New S/C Viper) vs a stock Ford GT 150k, I'd take the viper, its just more practical for the SAME amount of performance giggles. :)

Jon

600 left unsold..and the dealers that have them think they are worth more, since production has stopped. I am not saying the car is an "investment" by any stretch...but it will depreciate slower than most...and the bottom should be reached sooner than the norm.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to be off topic like the others. When the stats come out on the 2006 numbers, I am sure that someone will post them.

I took a long, hard look at the GT before getting a 2006 Woodhouse prepared supercharged Viper coupe. For me the main reason was daily driveability. The cargo capacity of the GT with all seats in place is 1.6 cubic feet. Since I frequently put my briefcase, jacket and other assorted things in the trunk, the GT would not have been useable as anything but a local weekend car. Future availability of parts ( I could envision nationwide back orders), continuing availability of quality servicing ( what dealer is going to go to the expense of keeping up the training of a tech if there are few if any GT's coming in for servicing), and tight warranty interpretation ( this seems to happen every time the auto companies experience an economic down cycle) were also issues that caused me a little concern in view of the brevity of the life of the GT program and Ford's financial condition. I realize that except for the cargo capacity, someone could argue that some of the other issues might be a concern for the Viper but I think that the probability of them being same is much less.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to be off topic like the others. When the stats come out on the 2006 numbers, I am sure that someone will post them.

I took a long, hard look at the GT before getting a 2006 Woodhouse prepared supercharged Viper coupe. For me the main reason was daily driveability. The cargo capacity of the GT with all seats in place is 1.6 cubic feet. Since I frequently put my briefcase, jacket and other assorted things in the trunk, the GT would not have been useable as anything but a local weekend car. Future availability of parts ( I could envision nationwide back orders), continuing availability of quality servicing ( what dealer is going to go to the expense of keeping up the training of a tech if there are few if any GT's coming in for servicing), and tight warranty interpretation ( this seems to happen every time the auto companies experience an economic down cycle) were also issues that caused me a little concern in view of the brevity of the life of the GT program and Ford's financial condition. I realize that except for the cargo capacity, someone could argue that some of the other issues might be a concern for the Viper but I think that the probability of them being same is much less.

All valid points Bob. No argument here.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quote}
600 left unsold..

[/QUOTE]

600 cars out of 4000 is still a lot for a "low production" car. Bet there arent 600 f430's still left unsold, or Gallardos. I believe the Ford GT was a success as a car, but the sale and pricing of them left something to be desired. Check ebay, you will see your 6% increase isnt showing up there. Those are some of the lowest prices I have seen on Ford GT's yet. 140s-150s, sorry but ebay is showing the buyers didnt agree with the sellers, and ulitmately a cars price is determined by the sale of it. No one is getting those increased 6% sales.

Lot really looking to argue on this one, just dont believe the hype on Ford Gt pricing. Its dead, and its going to get a little worse until they are all gone, then the pricing will hold solid. Till they are all sold 600 dealerships are fighting to get those few buyers who havent already bought the car, but still have the financial ability to do so, to pick their car over the others. If you "had" to have it, you would have already bought it, whats left now are frugal shoppers, and that market isnt going to change any time soon.

Still Love the Ford GT, even over the Viper. But thats my 2 cents.

Jon

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure where the numbers are coming from , but the approx. run of Snakes was around 1525 for the US. This is both Coupes and Verts, with about a 2 to 1 ratio of Coupes over the ******* wonders.

Haven't heard the numbers for prototypes, Canadian cars, etc., so who knows for sure what the final number is , but would suspect in the low 1600s.
2006 model year North America:

1130 coupe / 739 roadster (60%/40%)

=1869 model year total

(including 50 roadster pre-spec and 29 mostly coupe pilots)

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[quote}
600 left unsold..

600 cars out of 4000 is still a lot for a "low production" car. Bet there arent 600 f430's still left unsold, or Gallardos. I believe the Ford GT was a success as a car, but the sale and pricing of them left something to be desired. Check ebay, you will see your 6% increase isnt showing up there. Those are some of the lowest prices I have seen on Ford GT's yet. 140s-150s, sorry but ebay is showing the buyers didnt agree with the sellers, and ulitmately a cars price is determined by the sale of it. No one is getting those increased 6% sales.

Lot really looking to argue on this one, just dont believe the hype on Ford Gt pricing. Its dead, and its going to get a little worse until they are all gone, then the pricing will hold solid. Till they are all sold 600 dealerships are fighting to get those few buyers who havent already bought the car, but still have the financial ability to do so, to pick their car over the others. If you "had" to have it, you would have already bought it, whats left now are frugal shoppers, and that market isnt going to change any time soon.

Still Love the Ford GT, even over the Viper. But thats my 2 cents.

Jon

[/QUOTE]

Don't disagree with the 600 comment. My point with the 600 cars was that it IS alot. And even with that...prices have inched up after production ended. I have flipped 5 GT's...and I can tell you the buyers are willing to pay more today than 2 months ago. Not alot more, but a little. I have one more car(other than my keeper) that I bought in the Summer at invoice. I have turned down much more than I would have taken just 4 weeks ago. The Ebay cars are not being offered as low as they were 30 days ago, and there are far fewer ads on an average listed...and yet the same number of GT's are being sold each week. The supply will be gone by the end of this year, except for those cars the dealers really aren't interested in selling...and there are alot of those. There will not be a blood bath on the pricing. Depreciation...of course. But time will tell.

Your comments about the cluster*** on pricing is correct. They screwed the pooch from day one on this car. That is why there are still 600 cars left. Reasonable pricing would have sold the car out by now. It could have been a great image maker for Ford..instead of the hard feelings harbored by MANY that wanted a car in the first year and a half...and could not or would not pay the upcharge. I am one of those. Love the car....hate the whole deal associated with the dealers and pricing.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think we will see actual numbers for US Production in the 1500 range. Note , I mentioned US , as there were quite a few that went to Canada and supposedly some were exported, elsewhere. With the test mules,SRT Driving Experience cars, etc. there may have been around 1800 made, but it appears that only a bit over 1500 will get into our hands in the United States. Reports were Canadian sales were up over the past , but at this time the breakdown is not an exact science and probably will not be until late in the year.

Respectfully,

Bill Pemberton

Carmaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The "International Viper Registry" on this site should have the numbers but it has not been updated since the '03 Model Year. Who keeps that information?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc