FINALLY!!! 2010 Viper Round Up Details

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellow Viper Owners…YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!!!

A quick video for you: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUM8LsUn3bE[/media]

A couple of quick points:
- Mark your calendar for April 9th, 10th, 11th
- Make your discounted hotel reservation before it is too late…we have our block of rooms till March 18th, after that the rate will be based on availability. Omni Hotel in Austin - (512) 448-2222 (mention Texas Viper Round Up)
- Registration fees this year:
o VCA Members $0 (membership has its privileges…if you haven’t signed up know…$115 a year goes a long way).
o For non-VCA members the registration cost is only $60.
1. Make payment out to
1. Central Texas Viper Club
2. 1807 Overcup Drive, Round Rock, Tx 78681

It’s that time of year…time for the Annual Texas Viper Round Up. This year we are extending the invite across the country!!! This is sure to be an event NOT to be missed.

As enjoyed last year, we will have great folks, great roads, and great times. At the Round Up, memories are made and the community is brought together from around the region. If you take a road trip this spring, then this should be it. So far, we have folks from all around Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Kansas confirmed …so come on down!!!

This year the Round Up is April 9th, 10th, and 11th. The itinerary is below (some times are not provided as the times and activities flex with the group).

Spread the word and forward this out to all Viper owners. Please RSVP if you can so I can get a head count. Last year was a big success and we want to make this year even better!

The hotel of choice for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night will be the Omni Austin Hotel (please refer to attached file). They have secure parking (patrolled by the Austin Police Department), easy access from I-35 and the new toll roads; convenient for those traveling from a far.

Omni Austin Hotel
4140 Governor's Row
Austin, TX 78744
(512) 448-2222

Here is a link to last year’s Pictures and Video…enjoy!

Please RSVP by April 1st to [email protected] If you cannot make the whole 3 days, that is ok, join us when you can. If you have questions please call me at 512.565.2094.

Look forward to seeing you folks!

Ryan Fox
Central Texas VCA

Friday

Lunch, Viper Q&A, Dyno and Stories
From the Hotel we will head over to American Racing Technologies (ART) for lunch, Viper Q&A and dyno. On staff at ART are two well known Viper Certified Techs, David Weaver, who has worked on Vipers since the Gen 1, and Chris Phar. ART is hosting us for this event and providing lunch and dyno time. Getting your car out for a dyno run is a great opportunity to give your car a “check-up” and make sure everything is in tip top shape. ART’s Viper experts will be onsite and ready to answer any questions from what brake pads create less dust …to what is involved with a twin turbo setup for your next Texas Mile run…you will have access to some of the best guys in the USA, so you better ask them now while you are here.
We are going to meet in the Omni Austin Hotel parking lot at 11:30am and leave at 12:00pm to start the caravan over to the Dyno (fun 30 minutes jaunt on the new hill country toll road!) If you are arriving in the afternoon, give me a ring and you can take the quick drive over to meet up with everyone at ART…just a few minutes away.
Dinner
For dinner…we will be al a carte…with so many folks from out of town and so many neat places to eat, we will have a night on the town. So after a short caravan over from ART down the main toll way we will park the cars in reserved parking and cool down, while the cars cool down. So, plan to get out those detail rags and detail spray and get the car ready for a full day of fun for Saturday!
We are going to meet in the Omni Austin Hotel parking lot at 6:00pm (possibly later depending on how many cars attend the dyno) for cars and conversation. At 7:00pm we will all head out into the Austin night life for a great time!
Saturday

Breakfast

Enjoy breakfast at the hotel with all your fellow Viper folks! And that’s right…breakfast is free with your hotel room!
Hill Country Drive

Relaxing cruise through the scenic hill country of Central Texas…. that’s why you came right? Bring your cameras (and RT guys, sunscreen)! We have lined out some fantastic roads (many you have never seen before) and some fantastic stops that are truly unique to the Texas hill country, you will just have to wait and see. Oh and guys and gals, be sure your trunks some room just in case you want to bring back a souvenir or two from the trip. Want more? Pictures of the memories…there will be several photo ops and with all the amateur photographers in the club your car will be in the spot light in this very picturesque environment.
We are going to meet in the Omni Austin Hotel parking lot at 9:00am and leave at 9:30am to start the hill country drive and activities.
Dinner
After a full day of tearing up the roads, we head over to the ranch. That’s Steiner Ranch Steakhouse for a fabulous dinner with exceptional views. There is a great patio to watch the sunset over the lake and listen to live music. By this point of the day, everyone will have worked up an appetite and we will go inside for dinner. We have reserved the 2nd Floor for the guests of the 2010 Viper Round Up and dinner will be covered and we have arranged for reserved parking.
We are going to meet in the parking lot (reserved) Steiner Ranch Steakhouse at 6: 30pm.

Sunday
The Viper Experience
Breakfast

Enjoy breakfast at the hotel with all your fellow Viper folks! Breakfast is free with your hotel room!
A Real Viper Experience and Lunch

I am sure you all have seen pictures of the Viper ACR-X…and you have probably seen pictures of Bob Lutz’s GTSR… both could be there on Sunday! IF that isn’t enough (and if it’s not and you still own a Viper…you need to see a doctor! ) then as Father Viper, the original Viper Project Manager, said “We designed the Viper as a race car that you could drive on the street” and that is exactly what we have planned for Sunday! The Viper Experience…Whether you just want to take a relaxing parade lap around this private hill country road course, or you want to try your hand at instructed driving or even perhaps a little competitive driving, there will something there for everyone. ART along with Viper Days (NARA) will be hosting this event and these guys eat and sleep Viper! Harris Hill Road is a fantastic facility for all levels of driving and the indoor club house is now open. The first half of the track day is provided by ART and lunch s provided by your VCA! If you are having too much fun and want more, it will be just $60 per car for the second half of the day (and yes, that is dirt cheap).
We are going to meet in the Omni Austin Hotel parking lot at 7:30am and leave at 8:00am to start the Hill Country Drive over to Harris Hill Road.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call.
Thank you,

Ryan Fox
The Central Texas Viper Group
www.CentralTexasVCA.com
or visit us on the VCA Forums by clicking here
Phone: 512.565.2094

V

Venomiss

Looks like the block rooms are good until March 18th-tomorrow.

A great deal for VCA members!

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the block rooms are good until March 18th-tomorrow.

A great deal for VCA members!

Block EXTENDED to Tuesday March 23rd!!

There are ONLY 11 spots left so PLEASE reserve your room ASAP!

This is a 4 star hotel that has welcomed our club with open arms and added some extra benifits to room rentals on this block.

If you have reserved a room online PLEASE call the hotel ASAP and make sure your reservation is under the Viper Round Up block of rooms.

Looking forward to see you all there!:2tu:

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tere - I am planning on staying now at the hotel the first night. John Weber and I plan to drive up Friday from SA.

Chris

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tere - I am planning on staying now at the hotel the first night. John Weber and I plan to drive up Friday from SA.

Chris
What time are y'all planning on leaving Friday? I was planning on leaving in enough time to meet up at 11:30 with everyone at the hotel -- probably around 9:30ish should avoid the worst of the traffic. :)

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On another note, has anyone run stock Gen III brake pads on a typical track session? Any fade problems? I use Hawk DTC race pads (with StopTech calipers & rotors) on the Flyin' Z on the track, but this is the first time I'll be tracking the snake. I don't want any surprises and rip into a corner sans brakes. :drive:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
On another note, has anyone run stock Gen III brake pads on a typical track session? Any fade problems? I use Hawk DTC race pads (with StopTech calipers & rotors) on the Flyin' Z on the track, but this is the first time I'll be tracking the snake. I don't want any surprises and rip into a corner sans brakes. :drive:

Tere,

I ran my 1st Edition last year at TWS and never had any brake problems with the stock pads or rotors.

08VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone check me...on Friday we're meeting at ART (if we miss the caravan), then grabbing some dinner on our own somewhere, then we meet at the Omni at 6 for some coffee talk :) then 7 ish to hit the night life. Is this right?

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone check me...on Friday we're meeting at ART (if we miss the caravan), then grabbing some dinner on our own somewhere, then we meet at the Omni at 6 for some coffee talk :) then 7 ish to hit the night life. Is this right?

actualy, we meet at OMNI after ART and go to eateries from there.

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, so we are heading out as a group to eat Friday evening?

You bet, Friday will be a fend for yourself night so folks can decide if they want to go out with some folks or stay in with some folks...

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT TIME A THE ROUND UP!!!! ONE OF THE BEST YET!

GREAT WEATHER!!!!! AWESOME ROUTE!!! FANTASTIC DINNER ON SATURDAY!!!

Harris Hill was better than I remember!

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fantastic weekend! This was my first Viper gathering and I can't even BEGIN to tell you guys how much fun it was to get together with such a GREAT group. Met new friends and had a chance to run through the Hill Country at 'slightly' over the speed limit.:omg:

There should be pics and vids showing up in the next few days of 'Johnson City's FINEST' pulling over some VIPERS that were a bit too fast going through the nearby town. He stopped the lead group, but little did he know that over 50 Vipers were about to pull into line behind them to see JUST WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS.:lmao: I'll leave the results of the stop to those that were at the front of the line.

For what it's worth, I've been on 100's of motorcycle rides with huge numbers, but to see all those Snakes rolling through the Hill Country, two abreast (see, Casandra, I used the term again:rolaugh:) was enough to give ANY enthusiast goose bumps.

GREAT weekend and many thanks to those that put in the effort to make my first very special.:drive:

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cassandra and I would like to personally thank Ryan Fox and everyone else who helped him put this on, we know it is a huge undertaking! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also a big thanks to ART for the dyno time, meal, and track time, ya'll are great as well!

It was great to see ya'll again, and meet all the new people we did this year. :D

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto the kudos! It just gets better and better every year! This is THE event of the year for Texas and surrounding states!

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There should be pics and vids showing up in the next few days of 'Johnson City's FINEST' pulling over some VIPERS that were a bit too fast going through the nearby town. He stopped the lead group, but little did he know that over 50 Vipers were about to pull into line behind them to see JUST WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS.:lmao: I'll leave the results of the stop to those that were at the front of the line.

johnson_city_apr_10.JPG

and moments later, bye bye

johnson_city_apr_10_adios.JPG

Last edited:

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Event! We had a blast.

Thanks to ART for getting my brakes squared away.

Thanks to Ryan and everyone else that helped put this together. It was a top notch event. Anyone in Texas that missed this.... you aren't going to get a better Viper event.

It was nice to run Harris Hill for the first time. Nothing like seeing a comp coupe come up behind you!

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ESPECIALLY if you're in a Jeep SRT!:D Gotta admit, it was fun to see the Jeep not only RUNNING with the Snakes, but giving them a run for their money!!!:dunno:

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great event!

The key to the success of this event was all the additional volunteers and sponsors this year. I learned first hand how helping in a seemingly small capacity can add up - especially combined with several other folks chipping in the same.

ART - THANKS! Dyno & tech talks - the guys at ART are extremely knowledgeable, you can't help but learn tons of things about your Viper by just standing next to one of them. David was running the dyno and offering tech tips to folks. ART is pioneering on the Gen4 front - I can't wait!

Harris Hill Rd track day. The best! Being a private track (members only) this is really a diamond in the rough. I personally have had an opportunity to go during the week with a member as a guest and throw down a 2-3, 15-20 minute sessions. The folks at the track are top notch and darn good drivers too - very easy to talk to and freely offer up tips to help you reduce your lap times. This track is one, if not the best way to "race on your terms". HHR affords you track time on your schedule. Nothing like spending 2-3 hours every week or 2 to keep your skills polished and satisfy your itch.

Ben & Bernie are really great guys. Business aside, these 2 are Viper guys, period. They will bend over back wards for you and do everything possible to ensure you have a good Viper experience. Like ART both are very knowledgeable and have some of the very best Viper techs in the business. Personally I think they both have their race numbers and a Viper tattooed on them somewhere, but that's just a rumor I'm starting :D

Great to see you all again, and new ones. Johnson City was no big deal. I think there was a Corvette owner in a previous town that had a little Viper envy. Johnson City PD was very courteous and professional.

...and what was up with the Jeep at the track? I swore I saw Scooby Doo playing on the rear DVD....that's just wrong!

Give your local club a call and see how you can help make next year even better! I'm already trying to get the route a tad bit more south westerly. Ya'll just got a small taste of what the hill country has to offer. Even with the condensed route we got some good stretches in and made it back to Steiner Ranch for one of the best sunsets anywhere (especially now that Lake Travis has some water in it :D).

Until next year!

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Family,

We are trying to get you a recap with video/pictures, etc but we want to make sure we get all the pictures we can prior to wrapping things up in two weeks. Please send your pictures to [email protected] in 25mg blocks and as many emails as it takes and we will upload them as we get them.

Just a quick note: This was a fantastic event and we thank all the participants, vendors and volunteers that made this possible!

Thank you,

Ryan Fox
The Central Texas Viper Group
www.CentralTexasVCA.com
or visit us on the VCA Forums by clicking here
Phone: 512.565.2094

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude