Finally got a VIN. Does anybody know the current time frame for going to D-I , etc,?

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello;

I am aware of the unique waiting game with from my previous two Vipers, and that nothing Viper is really carved in stone concerning build time (except maybe KZ).

My Viper now has a VIN and is (I believe) in "D" status. How long do you think it will take to go to D-I?

I cannot remember the exact "letter" sequence that the Viper goes through, but it would be fun to have one of you Guru's post the factory sequence for us! Seeing as how many of our orders are starting to move now, this would be great info for newbies and everybody else anxiously awaiting their SRT's.

Finally, is there any internet address accessable by the public to monitor our Viper's progress without calling the dealer everyday? I know it's their job, but I don't want to be a pest. I know our esteemed "you the man" Bill pemberton posted a couple of days ago about the latter stages (G and beyond) of build. Bill, would you mind giving us the VIN through KZ timeline?

Thanks, I look forward to any info!

Jim

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim,

You can do a search for build status, I'm sure this has been
covered many times. I know from two previous viper orders also,
the status doesn't mean much
frown.gif
It's cool you have a VIN, but
with this being a new design, plus the usual Viper related
quirks of build, QC, and delivery, it's anybody's guess.

I would be interested in hearing from Jon B or Bill P on how
things were back in 96-97 when the coups first came out regarding
to any relation ship to build status?

Anyway,

Good luck
2Charmed