Finally Got My viper

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're totaly new to the Viper world...please BEE careful! LOL.. That's my favorite color combo for the "mean" look. Nice car and welcome. Now JOIN THE CLUB!!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Pollup on your BumbleBee!!! GREAT color combo...keep your driving record clean~~;) ~juli
Now you can be listed as Viper Owner...then VCA Member!!! YESSSS!!

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
definitely new to the viper world. didnt think i would own such a vehicle at the age of 25. the car is a little dirty, it was driven 95 miles to me and found alot of bugs on the way. honestly the fact that i know this car goes fast just makes me want to drive right at the speed limit. my previous car was a 2006 scion tc with about 17k invested in it. it was pushing over 300hp to the wheels. i was quite impressed by it. but i didnt want a 40k scion sitting in my garage as a weekend driver so i stripped it and purchased my dream car. the viper is only slightly faster from a roll, from a dead stop its much faster.

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't drive at 100% until you learn what huge torque your Bee has. Always keep it straight when you put the pedal to the metal, or it'll spin out, and you'll have a heap of junk on your hands. The hardest thing to do is to get a good 60 foot time, which you can best achieve by slipping the clutch, as opposed to dumping the clutch at a given rpm. IF you tires are old, then they are also HARD, and won't grip like they need to. If that be the case, treat it gingerly until you get some new tires from a cheaper source, like Partsrack, who can save you $$$ through his deal with Tirerack. Ask Jon B. for advice as to which tire to buy, and then do as he recommends. He knows the Vipers and what tires to use. Good luck keep it between the ditches. You have a very special car-as do all Viper owners.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem that most new drivers have who are coming over from another performance car, such as you are, is that there is little to no 'middle ground" for the performance curve. You will be able to drive the snot out of your car, but when she decides to come around on you, there will be NO warning. You will be suddenly looking at your tail lights passing in front of you. Most other quick cars I've had will let you know you're reaching the edge of no return, but the Viper feels good all the way up to "too late". Find a way to get to one of next years "Viper Days" driving schools.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there will definitely be no racing from me. no fast turns, nothing. i just love the look, feel and the presence of the viper. only one time while i own the vehicle will i actually put it to the test. after i put newer tires on it i will have it over 170mph just once. thats far down the road though, i gotta get the feel for the car. so far the only thing i find weird is getting into 5th gear, its very close to 3rd. ive never had a 6 speed before and usually there is alot of spacing between the gears.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thank you all for the welcome. that is a sweet picture and im hoping to take a few soon myself. still waiting on his bank to release the title so i can register this bad boy and get it on the road. i find myself wandering to the garage each day to take a peek at it.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo! Nice ride. What service branch you in?

I played with planes in the USMC :usa: for a bit and you're right, a Viper on military pay?

Congrats on the car! :2tu:

I am in the Navy. I get to play with missiles. I am only an E5 in the navy and have been in just over 6 years. I am current on the USS Iwo Jima. I reenlisted and used that money to buy a house and the remaining as a down payment on the viper. I did have an expensive hobby of modifying cars and realized that I might as well have an investment car instead of tying 20 grand up into a cheap car, and I have always wanted a viper. So i worked some magic, stripped my old car, and here I am now with a huge smile. :)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.......... i find myself wandering to the garage each day to take a peek at it.........

We have all been there-done that! In fact, when I got my first Viper 14.5 Years ago, I did that a LOT. One night I sat in it so long I almost dozed off.

Good News: The feeling does not wear off,,,,,,, it has rained here 4.5" so far this week.......and yesterday I toddled out to my garage just to take a look ! Still in Love I guess.

HEY OWNERS: Check Out Pollup's Office: USS IWO JIMA (LHD 7)

You must be registered for see images

Watch your Email John............ I need to get a PartsRack decal on a SPARROW !!!

Last edited:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pollup, GREAT CAR!!! Enjoy driving the King of the Streets and the track.....oh yeah, and since you had some mods on your Scion.....there will be a day when 450hp just ain't enough and then you'll get to experience some of the insane amounts of power 488 cubic inches can make. If your Bee doesn't have it already, your first mod should be smooth tubes....again JonB's a great guy to start with!

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I can't make promises about getting the logo on a sparrow, the Navy is very particular when it comes to toying with a 250,000 dollar missile. You were very fortunate to get the photo with the aircraft's bomb on it. Yes that is definitely the Iwo.
Im including a few photos that I have taken and that were taken of me. The first one is from the top of Mt. Vesuvius. What an amazing site. That photo shows the city of Naples in the background. The 2nd photo is also from atop Mt. Vesuvius which shows the island chain in the Gulf of Naples (I believe that is what it is called). The 3rd and 4th photos are during our missile onload. As you can tell it was extremely cold. It the first picture im the guy to the far right. In the 2nd I am in the guy furthest from the camera. I am trying to find some good sparrow photos but I'm having problems locating them on my computer. Enjoy

Oh and by the way the only mods so far I can tell on this viper are the gas cap and the cigarette lighter. Everything else looks stock. I will be upgrading the cat's definitely and possibly an exhaust. Everything else is way further down the line.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pollup - A GMM2 with a Viper, never heard of in my day. I'm a retired MMCM and it took me 11 years after retiring to get mine.

BZ, and well done.

Keep turning 2, only you know what I mean by that. Go Navy :usa:

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pollup - A GMM2 with a Viper, never heard of in my day. I'm a retired MMCM and it took me 11 years after retiring to get mine.

BZ, and well done.

Keep turning 2, only you know what I mean by that. Go Navy :usa:

believe me i never thought i would ever own one. i was actually looking at getting a bmw 335i twin turbo. i talked to my master chief about it since he is big into cars and he mentioned trying to get a nice used car and he said try getting a higher end used car, you will get more for your value. he mentioned a viper so i started looking. after about a month of research i found the one i wanted. used my kicker from my reenlistment to put the down payment and now as an FC2 i am a proud owner of the baddest american car ever made.!

finnsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never thought yellow could looks so good until I first saw a "Bee". Enjoy the car! :drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang