Finally I have a Viper! BIG PICS

NatRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got a great deal on this '95 RT/10 and I couldn't pass it up. I had my heart set on a GTS because in my opinion there is no better looking car on the road. But, when I saw the condition this car was in and considering the price they were asking, all it took was a test drive. I was sold! I know you guys all know what a black RT/10 looks like, but I still want to show it off a little :)

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
N

NatRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's got just over 29,000 miles but looks like 2900. Thankfully, the original owner babied it and kept it in a garage, covered at all times. Yep, that's a PA plate. I'm about 3 hours east of Pittsburg.

A little about me...I am a sports car NUT. I've owned 3 C5 Corvettes, including a supercharged '97 and a 2002 Z06. I also love sportbikes. I currently have a 2003 Yamaha R1, 1000cc. I guess you could say I like fast things.

A few questions about my car. I know it's rated at 400hp and 465tq, but what do these cars generally put down on a dyno at the wheels? Is the 400/465 underrated or on the generous side? Is this car capable of running in the 12's the way it is? What are some basic mods I could do to up the horsepower closer to the GTS level? Without getting too crazy with mods, is it possible to get to 460 horse with bolt ons and exhaust? You guys will have to bear with me. I'm completely new to this and pretty much know nothing.

Also, I'd like to get the front vent (or whatever you call that) like Simms avatar, installed on the front of my hood. Does someone make this and can a good bodyshop do the job? Thanks in advance!

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper community! :headbang: You'd better clean that garage and get that crap away from the doors. You don't want to open the door and get a ding on that black beauty!! :2tu:

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First mod is exhaust. You cant run around town in a awesome looking car and sound like a 84 honda civic!! I couldnt believe the sound when i first bought my 94rt. What a let down! smooth tubes and filters next. How many times have you went to the back of the car and say to yourself damn the tires and back-end are wide as sh_t!! Dont know what you can afford but i put 2001 wheels on mine and chrome emblems on the side. Loved it. You can pick up newer style wheels with tires around $2000. I had balenger catback on mine and loved it. JOHN B PARTS RACK has everything you need. good luck and have fun!

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 1's seem to generally put down around 370-380 RWHP stock from what I have seen. Compare that to the typical 350-360RWHP that a Z06 puts down, so it's fairly safe to say it is underated a bit.

A full exhaust and smooth tubes & filters should bring you up to around 400-420RWHP or so which is comparable to a stock Gen 2.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NatRT10, Gorgeous car, love the black RT-10!

You are pretty close to my area Harrisburg. There are a few of us viper guys in Harrisburg that get together to go the track or just some spirited back road cruises.

It would be cool if we could find another viper to tool around with, the more the merrier.

Ed

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why the RT/10 looks so much sweeter from the back

Explain. So much sweeter than what?

Sweeter than the GTS. Sorry about that. It looks so much wider. It has almost a chopped look.

I agree with Sapphire on this..The RT just looks PHATTER from the back .
It's all a matter of preference , But I love the look of an RT from behind.

CHeers

Jeff

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I beleive the RT is lower than a GTS. The flatness of the rollbar makes it appear wider & lower.

Nice car, good luck with it. These cars are awesome, enjoy it!

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! and enjoy that awesome ride! I live in the Wilkes Barre area of Pa.

Do smooth tubes and a cat back exhaust first, Corsa has a good cat back! http://www.corsaperf.com/audiomenu.htm

Headers, 3:55 gears, etc.

Get the "feel" of the torque that you have , the Snake can bite back. Keep her straight when hammering it. Good Luck!

Best,Dave :2tu:

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrads dude and enjoy, you'll feel like a million bucks driving around in that baby vs the vette..Now let the mods begin! And yes there is no better site from the rear..

Adam :2tu:

207017_17-med.jpg

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saphire GTS isn't your Viper a GTS? Anyway i'm not going to start a fight between RT-10 and GTS Viper owners. Yes I do think they look lower from the rear but,not wider(optical illusion?)I personally like the flowing lines of the GTS and the Sneaky Pete brake light when lit up. Just plain sinister looking. :headbang:

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
have you stopped smiling or does it justkeeps getting bigger and better
keep it safe too

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam, it looks like it's time to lower your car. Toss some Eibach's on that baby !

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice ride Nat. I see Ed (ACCELR8) already posted, I am also in the Harrisburg area. Keep a look out for the trip to Tator's in the beginning of May. Should have about 4-6 of us riding up there. Just stay in front of (REDENUF) he smokes these big dog turds and tosses them.lol
see ya when it warms up, 6 degrees this morning

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice ride Nat. I see Ed (ACCELR8) already posted, I am also in the Harrisburg area. Keep a look out for the trip to Tator's in the beginning of May. Should have about 4-6 of us riding up there. Just stay in front of (REDENUF) he smokes these big dog turds and tosses them.lol
see ya when it warms up, 6 degrees this morning

Kerry,

What's up mouse dick? We should have quite a few vipers to hang out with when the weather gets warm. Heard from Carmen, he bought the FE from Brenner dodge. Maybe we can do ****** Springs in April with the F-body guys, are you up for trying to better your 14 second time :- )

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ed, thanks for posting my spectacular time for all to see, you bone head. At least I was well into the 100 mph club once I got it to go the right direction. First time in front of the xmas tree told me to let it rip. How many people do you know can do a 360 burnout and still make it down the track at 111. lol
by the way its moose not mouse. :D

OP
OP
N

NatRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome guys! I'll definitely be up for getting together with you guys in my area. I go to ****** Springs Dragway pretty often. It's about 1/2 hour from my house. I hate the starting line there though. You have to keep your foot in the brake or you coast through the light. See you guys when the weather gets warm.

By they way, let's not argue about which car looks better fom the rear. In my opinion, they both look incredible.

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NatRT10 - Congrats on the black 95 RT, from another black 95 RT owner!! :2tu: You'll enjoy the heck out of it!! Warning: Be careful hanging out with modified Viper owners, your wallet will get slim very fast as you see all of the HP and Poser parts you'll want to put on yours. :D Cheers!!

pjb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats nat! i remember you from my 96 Grand Sport days on the C4 forum. i know you went through all those vettes/cars (the silver sc'd one was nice!), but its good to see you finally came around and got a snake. enjoy :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi