Finally real bass sound for RT/10

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aco:
Hi Viperistics,For all those of you, who are looking for the ultimate bass sound in your RT/10, I finally found an acceptable resolution..........<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So have I: Belanger Headers and Cat-Back

"What? I have a STEREO too? "

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone here puts them in the Passenger foot well. That way, you'll MUCH more bass "bouncing around' before it gets to your ears. Bass is nondirectional for best sound.

Or you can save MUCH MORE room and get an 8" or 10" rockford fosgate subwoofer (or other brand that requires the LEAST amount of airspace) . That certain series of Rockford Fosgate only require .3 CUFT of airspace and you can build a beautiful small "wedge" shaped box that snugs against the passenger footwell area and center console. You and they will hardly know it's there. It's much better looking than that HUGE tube you've got there.. And the sound is unreal..

Good Luck
gerald

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mounted 2 bass tubes on top of the hood over each wheel pointing forward. Not only great bass sound but slower drivers in front think they are torpedo tubes and immediately move right over. This avoids the need for me to use the lasers in the front headlights to zap them to smithereens!BTW, I got the torpedos from Jon B at Parts Rack and used a crossover to hook them up to the speakers in the hood.

shawalka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not a Viper owner, but I was just curious as to why everyone seems to put a bass tube in the footwell area. Maybe I'm missing something, but why not put a sealed or ported box in the trunk? You can get fairly small boxes, so I wold imagine you could fit something in there. I must be missing something....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude