Find me 94-96 RT/10 w/a SOLID WARRANTY!

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I am afraid that the guy is blowing smoke up your sphincter. $15,000 for valve seals/guide replacement? LOL
$15,000 for head gaskets? Bad rings?

If the soot is oily you may have a problem. Does it blow blue smoke? It may just be carbon if dry. Pull the plugs. If they are fine there isn't a problem with your rings or seals/guides etc.

If it makes you feel better buy a warranty or find one with a warranty. Just because a car needs a valve job the entire motor needs to be rebuilt? If you listen to alot of boneheads they will surely misguide you into believing that these Gen 1 motors are crap and the only way to solve any problem with it is to have the engine rebuilt...what crackheads...

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It could be as simple a running rich, for any number of reasons. When we raced "one lap of america" many cars blew black smoke before the computer "learned the altitude". Not that he cares but I am going with Frank on this one.

Could be major, but a couple quick ckecks could rule out several problems.

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark1107:

Anyone know of a solid 94, 95, 96 RT/10 ONE OWNER? STill solid under warranty? I saw on the classified ads, quite a few last year, BUT nothing lately. Am willing to go into the early 40k's for the purchase if it is nice and long (warranty)..

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, as a point of note, even an original owner RT/10 is not going to have much warranty left at this point. I have a '96 RT/10 with an original 7 Year/70,000 mile warranty and it is up in December of this year. It is highly likely that many older snakes are no longer under their original warranty. However, you MAY be able to find one that was put into service late and still has some warranty left. I don't know what you consider "nice and lo9ng", but it still probably won't have more than a couple of years remaining.

Your best bet is to find a car in good shape that is less than 8 model years old. This way, you can still qualify to purchase an Extended Service Contract from Dodge. I believe the longest term they have is 4 years. You can choose your level of coverage as well.

Good Luck,
Matt

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lets take a survey on:
If you rub your finger on the inside of your tailpipe, do you get "black stuff" on it...
yes or no...
(ill bet Yes wins)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all fairness to everyone involved, Arrow is a company that is paid by Dodge to repair the V-10 engines that we owners for one reason or another find fault with. Most engines rebuilt by Arrow come back "better than new". They see many engines which have defective parts when Dodge sends them in for warranty repairs, and they see many engines which have been used hard by us consumers. They even see engines which have been highly modified and fail under the stress of these modifications or racing, so from their view, a warrantied engine is the way to go.

In addition, since they mostly only see warranty work, it would be in their best interests to also want everyone to have warranteed engines. That is where their bread and butter comes from. From this perspective their advice makes sense.

PS. My engine was rebuilt by Arrow, ran very strong, and had black inside tailpipe. Believe that condition is normal.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all fairness to everyone involved, Arrow is a company that is paid by Dodge to repair the V-10 engines that we owners for one reason or another find fault with. Most engines rebuilt by Arrow come back "better than new". They see many engines which have defective parts when Dodge sends them in for warranty repairs, and they see many engines which have been used hard by us consumers. They even see engines which have been highly modified and fail under the stress of these modifications or racing, so from their view, a warrantied engine is the way to go.

In addition, since they mostly only see warranty work, it would be in their best interests to also want everyone to have warranteed engines. That is where their bread and butter comes from. From this perspective their advice makes sense.

PS. My engine was rebuilt by Arrow, ran very strong, and had black inside tailpipe. Believe that condition is normal.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand? EVERY car I've owned has black sooty substance in the exhaust pipe... Don't beleive me? Put your finger in your exhaust pipe and see.. (ummmm, your CARS' exhaust pipe)

Gerald

OP
OP
F

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill I feel your pain. A guy proposes to buy the car and backs out because some idiot misinformed him and he worries about problems that do not even exist. Selling a car can be a pain in the *** ...any more when I sell something and someone hits me with a stupid line or aggravtes me with an attitude etc., I just tell them to look elsewhere. There are too many idiots and know it alls in this world....

The last time I sold something and told the guy I was firm with the price at $600. He offers me $500. I then said "$700" - it was pure enjoyment watching the guy get back into his truck as I waved goodbye. Needless to say he was fighting an uphill battle with me...

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie-

What I've got is an Added Care plan from Daimler-Chrysler. You can get them from any Dodge dealer if your car is 8 years old and newer.

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Added Care states:
Current and eight(8) prior model year vehicles specified by Chrysler are eligible for these plans with mileage restrictions. The plan starts on the date you purchase the plan and continues for the time or mileage(whichever occurs first) as specified by the terms of the selected plan.
Plan Terms Available Mileage Eligibility
6 months/6,000 miles Up to 100,000 miles
to To
48 months/48,000 miles Up to 60,000 miles

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the added care sitting right in front of me and it covers alot of stuff but when I scan it, you can't read all the coverages unless I zoom it in which isn't going to help anybody to see it if I post it because you can't zoom on this board. I know what it's covered on my car so far-new pushrods, new headgaskets, new transmission. The guy that had it before me got covered on new side sills and front facia from paint peeling with the added care. If I can figure out how to get the plan readable on here, I'll post it!

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are still older models with alot of warranty left. I bet it will be very difficult to find one, that's probably why they are still owned now with a warranty-owner wants to keep it. I've got a 94 with a warranty that runs out in February but I can renew it for another 4 years/48,000 mile warranty. So I've still got 4 more years left. No, I don't want to sell mine!

RED97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black sooty filmy substance??? Every Viper I have seen had black inside the exhaust. When the pipes are cold they spit, this is normal. Pull the plugs to see how they are burning!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4