First Car Show..Any Tips?

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm entering my baby in her first car show on Sunday. SHe's not totally finished and has come minor body dings that have to be worked out yet, but for the most part, she is beautiful. It is a people's choice vote so I think I have a good chance seeing all the attention I get driving everyday around town. Is there anything special I can do to win people over more? Like make a big frame describing the model, year, horsepower, modifications etc? What else can I do? Thanks.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just give it a nice wax job, and make sure you get the dirt off the wheels. As long as no Lamborghinis show up, you should win.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm entering my baby in her first car show on Sunday. SHe's not totally finished and has come minor body dings that have to be worked out yet, but for the most part, she is beautiful. It is a people's choice vote so I think I have a good chance seeing all the attention I get driving everyday around town. Is there anything special I can do to win people over more? Like make a big frame describing the model, year, horsepower, modifications etc? What else can I do? Thanks.

A couple things I have done and/or seen done is:

--Frame with all the specs on the car

--a huge magazine picture of your car framed or laminated.

--a 1:18 diecast model of your car sitting in the back window, or on the console

-- a sign that reads, Corvette guys are afraid to look at my car! :D So if your looking, you're alright by me! :p

--a friend of mine had a Stuffed Animal of a Snake, and it had it's mouth around a Horse. That's a fun one, that car enthusiast like!

--Hand out free beer, and nudie pictures of the Snake Charmer, Linda O'Neil! Sure winner there!!

Good luck! Have fun! Bring a Chair! Take Pictures!
And do not be cocky like some pricks, enjoy the fact that you owns America's Best MuscleCar!! :headbang: And you will be loved as much as your Beloved Viper GTS!! :D

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I enter a lot of shows and sorry to say there is a lot of politics to winning-even with an exotic-talk and show interest to the other entries and make sure to take part in the judging of their cars. They WILL notice and it brings more attention to YOUR car. Good luck.

vigilantty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best tip on winning in a car show is to be a member of the car club hosting the car show. I know this sound stupid but I have never seen an outsider win. Also, many car shows require you to have a fire extinguisher to qualify to show. Find out requirements for judging ahead of time. Good Luck !

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car shows are fun.
Seems that you will have more fun if you don't take them too serious.
I used to judge mopar car shows (60's and 70's vintage) and by far the little details made the biggest difference. When two cars were very close, we would check wheelwells for dirt or look at the door jams for cleanliness.

Two facts:
1. sunblock- it will be a long day(bring cold drinks too)
2. if trophies are scheduled for 3PM plan for closer to 4:15PM....before they start

OP
OP
A

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all your input guys. I will let you know tomorrow after I win! :headbang:

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put a sign in the window that says..."I LOVE CORVETTES,THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN"
People love it except the Vette guys... :D

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes its all politics, a lot of smaller shows are geared around the sponsors. Are you going to Carlise? That is much better.

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take the motor out and sit it on the ground next to the car. Then buy my nifty icechest that will fit into that spot perfectly. When someone walks by to look at the car. Pop the hood and hand em a beer. Thats how you win car shows. Chicks dig it. Im not kidding either. :cool:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget the car shows. take her to the track she'll appreciate it much more.

OP
OP
A

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: First Car Show..Any Tips? RESULTS!

Hey guys, I knew I wouldn't disappoint as my viper and I won 1st place! Perfect record in car shows! 1 for 1. :2tu: