First GenV MCS conversion complete!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark...are the inner fenders designed similiar to the Gen III & IVs? Especially the rears for us who wanna slam in the future?

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome. Man, I could almost do red just to get one of these this year. I even like those base seats.

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
Mark, how much did that lower the car's ride height?

The measured factory height was 5" front and 6.5" rear. I lowered the front 3/4" and the rear 1" although the rake will change the handling balance, this should be where we need to be with this set up.

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
The crying shame is this should be factcountry's height. I still can't believe they sit so high

In the US they have to account for adding chains and things other country's don't that is a main reason for the heights, not much they can do about regulations. We on the other hand can fix it for you ;-)

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark......can you give me an overview of this system. Cost? I assume you can raise and lower ride height as well as softness/stiffness of ride. One other question that is not related....but is in a way....how much difference is there is the sound deadening of the GTS in comparison to the SRT. Just looking at comparative costs of both cars with options.

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adding chains on a Viper, mandated by government .....lol ! :omg: At least you offer a commom sense resolution Mark . :2tu:
In the US they have to account for adding chains and things other country's don't that is a main reason for the heights, not much they can do about regulations. We on the other hand can fix it for you ;-)

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
Mark......can you give me an overview of this system. Cost? I assume you can raise and lower ride and adjustingnd softness/stiffness of ride. One other question that is not related....but is in a way....how much difference is there is the sound deadening of the GTS in comparison to the SRT. Just looking at comparative costs of both cars with options.

Yes, height, compression and rebound are all individually adjustable as well as setting nitrogen pressure for even further adjusting possibilities. Retail pricing parts wise for shocks, springs and helpers is $5250, if you buy everything from me at once I will work out a better deal of course.

The sound deadening is probably just more dense. Adding weight to the material is what dampens road noise. I have not had one apart to tell from the SRT though. It may even be that the wheel well liners could be dampened on a GTS I guess we will have to wait till an owner wants us to take one apart LOL. The GTS'S electronics may not be compatible with the MCS conversion, we are working on a test to verify, but we do know that it will be able to at a minimum work with Mopars coming lowering springs, but they will not lower the car nearly as much as the MCS/Eibachs we use.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you're looking at the GTS too. I would be very interested in the details of the GTS lowering springs as they emerge. Spring rate compared to stock, and if stiffer, is the car underdamped, adversely affecting handling or comfort? Effect of reduced jounce on handling and comfort, Etc.

I'm sure you'll keep us posted, lookng forward to it!

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
We know that lowering springs will work, bit have not confirmed there wont be any electronics issues with the GTS. The plan is to try them with SRTs possible help, but need the time to do it, or find a customer willing to be a guinea pig.

Looks real good, Mark! This setup is for the SRT only - not GTS?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark.

Thanks for taking the lead on this. Believe the MCS shocks will make for a good riding, and great handling SRT.

I just had Todd install the new non-resevoir MCS shocks on my 09 and they are a huge improvement on the KW Variant 2's I had on before.

Wanted to let you know I appreciate your efforts to bring these shock into the Viper Marketplace.

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
Thank you Paul and I'm happy you are enjoying the new MCS's. Lex and the gang are great and I'm fortunate that they trusted me enough to move ahead with this offering. I have heard that others are happy also, but I very much appreciate you posting about them. It is amazing to most that you can run such a stiff spring rate and still have an incredible ride quality. The build quality is exceptional for any price range and un heard of in this segment. Thanks again for your support and please let me know if you need anything.

Mark.

Thanks for taking the lead on this. Believe the MCS shocks will make for a good riding, and great handling SRT.

I just had Todd install the new non-resevoir MCS shocks on my 09 and they are a huge improvement on the KW Variant 2's I had on before.

Wanted to let you know I appreciate your efforts to bring these shock into the Viper Marketplace.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,
Do you think one must change the factory suspension into MCS?

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
Of course not, SRT has developed and tested the new Viper to their liking and with in what they can do regulation wise. The MCS (single non remotes and the doubles with the remote reservoirs) will allow owners to go beyond this with the ability to lower ride height, improve handling because of this and corner weight the car for optimum tracking performance. The other side benefit will be a smoother ride for the street you can tailor to your individual liking.

Mark,
Do you think one must change the factory suspension into MCS?

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey mark, I was wondering if any of your customers have scheduled an exhaust upgrade for the Gen V. If so, you should ask them to make a video of the sound, I'm curious to hear how the new snake sounds with a freer-flowing setup.

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
Corsa is in the works, but right now there is nothing available. I have almost a dozen Gen5 buyers that want headers too, but until the PCM surfaces I can't do any of them. :mad:

Hey mark, I was wondering if any of your customers have scheduled an exhaust upgrade for the Gen V. If so, you should ask them to make a video of the sound, I'm curious to hear how the new snake sounds with a freer-flowing setup.

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
No, that will be a while I guess... When the PCM comes out there should be aftermarket headers ready to go though so the PCM is all that is holding that up at the moment. When Corsa (and others) have their catbacks ready though you won't need a PCM to do just that part.

so the MOPAR parts are not yet finished?

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,

MT keeps talking about the rear shocks still being too stiff, street and track, even after all the development. Have you tried the final production cars?

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
I have driven both cars GTS and SRT, they are great as is, but since everyone drives a little different, car set up can be subjective IMO. Some drivers will feel very confident and others may not. I think they are much better then previous generations though for sure.

Mark,

MT keeps talking about the rear shocks still being too stiff, street and track, even after all the development. Have you tried the final production cars?

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have driven both cars GTS and SRT, they are great as is, but since everyone drives a little different, car set up can be subjective IMO. Some drivers will feel very confident and others may not. I think they are much better then previous generations though for sure.

Thanks

Test drive it is!:drive:

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really, that is a such a poor statement. Go look at a Lambo, Porsche, or Ferrari height and you will not see this kind of grand canyon gap.

Modded car looks good though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine