FIRST LOOK AT MGW BILLET OIL CAPS>>>

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys,

i am running our new viper billet oil caps now to go with our dipsticks. i have engraved rt10 or gts on them since the dipstick has the viper head on it. i was going to make them 2 piece with a gripper around them but they just were getting way too expensive for an oil cap. besides if they get hot you can just use a rag and you really do not add oil that often
You must be registered for see images

these are just raw pieces off the machine so obvioulsy they look a little rough. but you get the idea... ishould have them ready in about 2 weeks chromed
price is 35.00 each

regards
george

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that looks nice George and i'm not even a person whom places much value in dressing up the appearance of an engine..

venemous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
george , yes they are nice but i would rather have the viper
logo on mine . Are you not doing this ??
John

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I second that George. I would also like one with the Viper Logo. Ya just can't have too many snakes under the hood!

"wy too expensive for an oil cap"? This from the home of the $100 ash tray? Too funny...

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one area that I always thought could use an improvement..not to mention the coolant cap and clutch reservoir cap. George...are these entire, thread-on replacement caps, or are they covers for the factory cap? As for the logo...I like the RT & GTS script much more than another snake head. Or, how 'bout no logos, or just the word "Oil" on them? Finally...will these be polished, or brushed finish?

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey George,
Does this mean that they have been moved from the "coming soon" status to the "almost built" status on the website?(Ha!)
Just kidding...it really looks good and you know that I will have to have one. By the way, how did your visit with Aaron go?
Clark

OP
OP
M

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guys guys guys,

now i really think that having 5 count em five snake logos under the hood is enough don't ya think. i really think these will look great as they personalize the car you have to rt10 or gts.

bill, they are actually covers as i have found there are 3 major problems with making a one piece unit...

1. an all metal unit would REALLY get hot. the factory cap helps insulate the heat somewhat.

2. the fractory cap has a built in breather and seal and overtightening clicks that would be very difficult to machine into a billet cap.

3. you NEVER want metal to metal contact on threads as shavings might get into the oil!!!!!!

MGW will provide the hi-temp epoxy to install in the kits.

i may offer a viper head later but the first run of them will only be these. i think when you see them you will be VERY pleased.

oh they will be triple chromed like the dipstick.

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"now i really think that having 5 count em five snake logos under the hood is enough don't ya think."

George, George, George,

Lots of people think that having 8 cylinders under the hood is enough, but those of us here know better.
The Viper is all about excess! Bring on the logos!

OP
OP
M

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well you got a point there

gator- sorry forgot to answer your post. the ashtrays are still still still waiting on the darn bases to get hardcoat anodized. they have been at the platers for over a freakin month now. i am calling them every day nw and bugging them so i think i will get them by monday. first it was tank problems, then they had the wrong Ph in the system blah blah blah. i tell you platers cause me more stress than the irs

they should ship by mid next week. (and yes i know you have all heard that before.)

regards
george

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang