First Novi Impressions?

Paxton-Rep

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you who had the chance to see the New Paxton Blower for your viper please shar your thoughts...What did you guy's think about it? I heard it got alot of hype...

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Novi display was a little lacking for my taste, they needed to disclose some more info and viewing space.

If you are going to display anything on a viper the hood must be removed for the product to be properly presented. All you could really see is a blower sitting in front of the engine, and a strut tower bar. I would like to have seen the pulley setup/intercooler/etc...

The power figures claimed sound like a typical untested kit. Their claim of 35% increase over stock sounds like this kit was never tested on a dyno. When I inquired more into the power, they again fell back on the 35% and had no further info. So in my mind this kit is untested and is not a legitimate contender for any real consideration over a Sean Roe kit, or any of the others that are currently available.

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked what I saw, but as Russ mentioned, you couldn't see everything you really needed to. I too asked questions about the increase or RWP and torque, but never got a definitive answer leading me to believe it's never been on a dyno. I did overhear the apparent owner of the car say "they" hadn't got the MAP entirely figured out yet so it wasn't running exactly the way it should be.
I truly wonder if this kit will get out the door at the projected $7999. (I seriously doubt it)
I think I'll stick with the Sean Roe blower sytem.

Sean, You got that CARB E. O. numbered kit ready to ship?
smile.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper